Effective as of August 12th, 2009
Kirby's Rainbow Resort (http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net, KRR, or hereon out, The Site) collects the following information from any of its visitors:
- Page Tracking
- Mechanisms are in place on the Site which track the frequency, times, and address of pages visited as well as the real-world location of the visitors based on the Internet Protocol (IP) address. Such tracking is done without the use of uniquely identifiable contact information, thus is not within the application of COPPA.
In addition to information collected on visitors, a number of services exist on the Site in which a visitor may opt to enroll.
- Resort Passport
- The Resort Passport account, used throughout the Site, collects the following information:
No information collected in the Resort Passport account is ever shared with any third parties.
- Email: Should a member opt to, an email address will be recorded for the sole purpose of retrieving a lost user name or password. Only account holders of at least thirteen years of age are allowed to enter an email address; any below this age should not supply one to the Site. Members above thirteen are allowed not to enter an email address either, thus there is no way to discern the age of a member from this information alone. By supplying an email address, a member asserts that they are of the appropriate age for uniquely identifiable contact information to be recorded, as demanded by COPPA.
- Password: A passphrase for every account is stored in an encrypted format using the MD5 algorithm. It is beyond the realm of probability to discern the original password a user entered, even for staff members at the Site. (When logging in, the user's entered password is encrypted and compared with the stored, encrypted password.)
- IP Address: An encrypted version of Internet Protocol addresses used by all registered members and unregistered users of services on the site is stored for security purposes. This ensures the possibility of blocking malicious users, in accordance with COPPA.
- Frequency of Visitation: All account holders receive special account benefits based on the amount they visit the Site. This does not discern which pages they visit on the Site nor if they visit more than once per day. These special counters can be used by the account holder to earn other benefits on the site. They may also increase these counters through other site activity, thus this information cannot be used to gauge visitation accurately.
- Most Recent Visit: The most recent visitation at the site by any member is recorded for the purposes of removing (non-uniquely-identifiable) information about the member.
- The KRR discussion board is maintained by separate staff and as such is subject to its own policies, outside of the control of those who maintain the main site.
- The KRR oekaki is maintained by separate staff and as such is subject to its own policies, outside of the control of those who maintain the main site.
- The KRR picture gallery is maintained separately and outside of the author of this document's control. As such is subject to its own policies, outside of the control of those who maintain the main site.
Return to the KRR Main Page.