Public Comments by Duth Olec:

Comment on Update - Beginning To Look A Lot Like Mailbag #86

congrats on 12 years of mailbag

Actually the first Mailbag on this site was... well, it doesn't have a date. I guess if the "last updated" at the bottom is an indication of when the first mailbag was, it's... almost twenty years??

KRR has a chance to have lasted longer than Macromedia Flash. Or... Adobe Flash? Those were the same thing, right?

Comment by Duth Olec on 1:50pm Jan 1st, 2021 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - You Gotta Fight... For Your Right... To Write

Oh

I don't

This is from almost 10 years ago, I am glad they are all anonymous because I'm sure anything I wrote was bad

Comment by Duth Olec on 2:12pm Dec 12th, 2020 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Canceling KRR is Canceled

Well in my case I'm an obsessive collector of bits of data and regularly checked the site daily for a while when it started.

Response by Duth Olec on 7:04am Dec 6th, 2020 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Canceling KRR is Canceled

Oh, glad I still got my 860 star pieces and 5 Love Love Sticks.

Geeze, that's like... 300 hearts stars or whatever

Response by Duth Olec on 5:27pm Dec 3rd, 2020 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Joke, Game, Pie, and Play

I, meanwhile, have bad sound quality, a terrible and mumbly voice, and nothing to say at all, but I still try to do it.

Though the only Kirby videos I did were during that hip five-to-ten years ago era and shouldn't be seen by anyone.

Response by Duth Olec on 6:26am Apr 18th, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Combined Wrap-Up

Yeah, when I think of ability combos, my mind immediately goes to Kirby 64 style (which I suppose makes sense), leading to a more "this ability does this thing and then, like, that's it actually" style.

Response by Duth Olec on 8:17pm Mar 2nd, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Combined Wrap-Up

Dang, you were goofier than usual there, I think. Prime form. Presumably you used that extra time for it to wind down to marinate for a while. I won't say in what.

As for me, this had my... 4th and 5th IF entries I think, and the first one I had that actually ended in the green, so, yay?

Comment by Duth Olec on 8:43pm Mar 1st, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - The Powers are Yours

That and the fact that the submission link is no longer there.

Response by Duth Olec on 2:22am Feb 6th, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Anchor (Metal/Water)

The only thing I don't like about this ability is that, while an anchor is themed with water, the ability doesn't actually involve water in any way (except not being pushed by currents, but that applies to wind also). Even if it was as simple as damaging water drops like from Parasol to say "yeah, yup, this is still part Water". Actually, that's what I was expecting Sturdy Swing to have.

I really like it otherwise!

Comment by Duth Olec on 6:02pm Jan 20th, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Chimera (Animal/Wing)

Claws of a lion

And the wings of a bat

Because it's midnite!

Oh, sorry, I was reading the description and started singing.

Comment by Duth Olec on 4:16pm Jan 20th, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Gong (Bell/Hammer)

This ability would be amazing if one thing: Kirby hit the gong on his head to attack. I mean, it's a minor thing, but I feel it would be so much more fun. Or funnier. Either way.

Comment by Duth Olec on 4:09pm Jan 20th, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - The Powers are Yours

And we got all the images.

Funny thing though, I still haven't voted. Just haven't had the time.

Response by Duth Olec on 11:29pm Jan 15th, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Last Gurus EVER (for the year)

Nintendo failed at that job when they got rid of the NSider forums and replaced them with support forums.

Response by Duth Olec on 3:55pm Jan 11th, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Last Gurus EVER (for the year)

I'm definitely People! I suppose to be fair I've remarked on such things before and Bimblesnaff said it was okay, but I still feel Mailbag is a better home for questions that can't particularly be answered definitively.

But hey, it is 'Snaff's Guruzing. Or maybe just Guruing. If he thinks a question is good enough for Gurus, I won't question his judgment.

Response by Duth Olec on 8:03pm Jan 6th, 2017 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Last Gurus EVER (for the year)

Obviously we're going to have to do a mustard mountain of research into the evolutionary history of species from Kirby.

And of course I mean Kirby as in the character. He's over there, just kind of spitting up all kinds of crazy creatures. I don't even know.

Of course, we all know it's impossible to build new battleships, and that also characters who explode in video games can never come back. That's why everyone in the Mario & Luigi games are dead.

Wow. I think question 5 indicates the Mailbag had better return or 2017 won't have a stellar Guru question quality.

minibus

Comment by Duth Olec on 6:03pm Dec 21st, 2016 (Report| Reply)
- Page: 1 - 2 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - Next >