[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
NX? - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 29th, 2020, 6:00 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
 Post subject: NX?
PostPosted: July 1st, 2016, 12:37 am 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
What expectations do you have for the Nintendo NX?
I at least hope it's affordable, and I don't know how I feel about the rumor it will run on cartridges.

Signature by KirbStomp!

ide
 Post subject: Re: NX?
PostPosted: July 1st, 2016, 3:08 am 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Cartridges are little more than a means of storage. Nintendo's reluctance to move to disks back in the N64 era was only really a problem because back then, their cartridges were rather short on storage capacity compared to the disks for the PS1.

I am considering getting an NX, but I have not seen all the details on the system itself yet, so I am not certain. I don't suspect it will be a rousing success like the Wii was, and it may well be Nintendo's last stand in the home console business. If that is to be the case, then hopefully they go out on a high note like the Dreamcast was for Sega.

ide
PostPosted: July 1st, 2016, 6:46 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

It's kinda sad that it's probably going to end up that way. Nintendo never did seem to be all that great with storage, from what I have been told. I helped a friend get a 1TB hard drive for the Wii U console with the most space (1TB?) just because they weren't able to get any more games, and I also had to get one for myself despite the fact that I had the 500gb one and not the one that was already 1TB of space. Most of that was eaten up by the system stuff too, which really made me feel like they weren't advertizing it correctly if you only get 25GB of free space on a 1TB console and 3 or whatever on a 500GB console. That's hardly enough for two big games like Smash and Mario Kart. On my 3DS NEW I can only have Triple Deluxe and ACNL installed and the rest wont install because "You used too much space!" and I don't want to take apart my game system to upgrade my card (Not to mention the fact that I really hate they did that- making it so you can't remove the SD card easily, I mean.)

That aside, I wonder if the NX is going to at least have over 1TB space. I know Microsoft is making a console with 2TB, but who knows how much of that will be free (I don't know as much about dlc and how much system memory microsoft consoles take honestly). That, and with the fact they seem to be cutting off things for the Wii U (Splatoon is losing splatfests, one of the main features that keeps players... playing? Unless they plan on adding more to make it interesting even after.) makes me feel that a lot of things will have sequels on the NX over the Wii U, which ultimately is going to make me want to buy it.

The problem is the price. If it's $400+ i'm not buying it. I don't have that kind of money right out of nowhere for a console that might be the last we'll see of Nintendo. Also, If it is the last of Nintendo, what will HAL Labs do? Will they move Kirby to a different console or keep making for the Nintendo console that already exist? It's going to be pretty sad if Nintendo fails after the NX, but I guess that's just how things go. Companies have their glory days and then they die out eventually, I guess? I just hope Nintendo can pull through this, maybe the NX won't be a failure.

Signature by KirbStomp!

ide
PostPosted: July 1st, 2016, 10:20 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

If the NX were to fail, then rumours of Apple purchasing Nintendo would become more common. After all, both companies have very similar philosophies.

ide
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2016, 5:27 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I predict it'll be more than 400 dollars, but who knows? I'm just hoping Christmas + Birthday money would be enough to buy it shortly after launch.

I really hope Animal Crossing is on the NX, if they were to put it on a handheld again, I would be really upset, because Nintendo always does AC games like this; console game, handheld game, console game, handheld game. It's time for a console Animal Crossing.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 8:38 pm 
Puff in Training A_mystery
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
I'm just hoping the NX has physical buttons. There are rumors of the NX ditching physical buttons for digital buttons.

Happy 25th Anniversary, Kirby!

(The fullscale version of this drawing can be found here: )

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 2:47 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Signature by KirbStomp!

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 5:27 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 5:52 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Signature by KirbStomp!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable