[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Character Theory thread - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 30th, 2020, 9:00 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
 Post subject: Character Theory thread
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 12:21 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
I don't know if something along these lines already exists, but I wanted to create a thread where people can discuss their theories about the characters in the Kirby universe. Basically, anything that isn't confirmed in canon is entirely open to theories such as if the character is a redeemed boss. I'll start with my example / theory:

I believe Marx (if he ever comes back) would not be an enemy anymore. This is furthered by the fact Kirby did a doodle of him and the fact he only seems to draw boss characters that have been redeemed or characters that he considers friends / that weren't really evil / that were probably manipulated into being evil. Considering the CROQUIS books are official merch, I feel I have more of a reason to believe this.
Shown in top left here:

Signature by KirbStomp!

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 2:50 pm 
GIM! A_mystery
GIM!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
i enjoy that theory a LOT considering i hate when people have to like hyper-villanize the characters (considering the lot of them are in kirby-master)
which yes, isnt canon, but id like to believe the lot of them could be friends or at least friend-or-foe types (like dedede and meta knight once were)
i prefer characters being redeemed

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 2:55 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Signature by KirbStomp!

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 4:03 pm 
Dream Warrior Female
Dream Warrior

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I mean it's the Kirby universe, so pretty much any villain can come back to life and/or turn into one of Kirby's friends at any time, with little to no explanation. It's happened before, and nobody minded, because Kirby plots are goofy and childish, any depth is usually pretty hidden, and related to backstory and stuff. (Not that that's a bad thing, I find it kind of refreshing!)

Marx has already come back from the dead a second time, just to play Pinball in Kirby Mass attack, so anything is possible!

I was once known as "MarxHat."
You can get a signature or avatar like mine

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 8:23 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Signature by KirbStomp!

ide
PostPosted: October 16th, 2016, 4:21 am 
Water Drop Female
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Mass attack also had nice anime references, yet anime lore and game lore will continue to be two separate things, both enjoyable in their own right.

About theories on Marx, I don't know if there might have been an official explanation but he could have had those crystalline bat wings from the start and only revealed them for the big fight. He can do that in Mo~Pupu! by the way, yet I know the manga isn't canon. These are my thoughts: Marx makes Kirby summon the Galactic Nova and wishes for the control over Popstar. If the bat wings were the fulfillment of that wish, Nova would not have to fly over to Pop Star to attack it, I guess. Kirby chases after and destroys Nova to prevent this, then gets attacked by an angry Marx. Because he shoots lasers and creates black holes, I guess Nova did give him some more power (otherwise Marx could have easily attempted to take over Dreamland way earlier), yet none of this magic is in need of wings. He spits a lot of attacks like ice and lasers, kinda gross. Marx Soul also has very similar wings despite Nova being in no condition to create them. All Marx happened to do was absorb some of its remaining power. Besides, I have doubts about Nova being able to create life

I know it could very well be different. It could just be the other way around and Marx can spawn his wings only by making use of powerful magic given to him. That would make a nice explanation for their strange looks. A character with very similar wings, Flandere Scarlet from Touhou, is also said to have artificially created them herself. The color, hearts and arrows could be traced back to Nova's color, heart and weathercock and like Marx does. Yet Nova seems unlikely to have created them itself as they are pretty useless. Any other magical boss can fly without them (even no-limbs-at-all-giant-flying-eye-blob Zero while bleeding).

Although the artificial wings scenario sounds more likely, I personally love the possibility of Marx having limbs. Or do you want him to be some kind of evil Noddy clown puffball? Maybe leading such existence is (part of) his motivation? :hide: Feel free to dismiss my opinion on Marx as it is only the over-the-top bad-ass-hole Marx I like who has hands and magic and can transform by free will, the absolute madman.
Talking about Mo~Pupu!, Marx gets to stay in Dreamland despite his attempt of destroying it because the townspeople love a good fight now and then. Kirby tells him it is great 'fun battling Marx' and wishes to 'play with him again some day'.
I.e. Marx would not even have to be reformed much to be included in some more games, he could show up as a boss or ally not advised to be trusted and attacking as a test, sort of like Meta Knight does.

Tldr: I prefer a competent Marx.

ide
PostPosted: November 21st, 2016, 3:34 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star

ide
PostPosted: November 21st, 2016, 10:00 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Wasn't the Kirby timeline already confirmed as a straight timeline following the release of the games?
Like:
1. Kirby's Dream Land
2. Kirby's Adventure
3. Kirby's Dream Land 2
4. Kirby Super Star
And the list goes on...
It makes sense to me, since I never saw any continuity mistakes in the series.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, all games are canon with the exception of Kirby's Avanlanche and some minor minigames. (like the ones in Mass Attack)

Kirby fans are still alive and aware, but the community can't die.
Let's make this place the #1 Kirby site on the internet again!
Let's revive KRR and all of it's features.
The fans want it, the users want it, and even the OPHnK subbing team is back.
Let's make Rainbow Resort great again, as it was in the early and mid 2000's.
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!!!

ide
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2016, 5:43 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe

ide
PostPosted: November 24th, 2016, 5:55 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Kirby fans are still alive and aware, but the community can't die.
Let's make this place the #1 Kirby site on the internet again!
Let's revive KRR and all of it's features.
The fans want it, the users want it, and even the OPHnK subbing team is back.
Let's make Rainbow Resort great again, as it was in the early and mid 2000's.
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable