[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 28th, 2020, 1:43 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 4:51 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
The upcoming Zelda game for the Wii U and the NX will be released in 2017 and now has an official name: "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild." Its acronym would inevitably be "BotW."

Here is the official trailer:

It is so beautiful and so awe-inspiring.

It would be possible to defeat the Calamity Ganon (final boss) right after the opening cutscenes, though it is not recommended (except by serious speedrunners), as you would be woefully unprepared and would miss much of the story.

ide
PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 5:12 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Iiiiinteresting...

Basically from what I can tell, it looks like Zelda X The Elder Scrolls.

I've not seen the other videos yet, so don't pounce on this comment.

ide
PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 5:21 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

That is my thought as well. It has been given hybrid nicknames as well: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/T ... hOfTheWild

Breath of the Wild is the most talked-about game in E3 2016 even, given how similar it is to many popular Western open world RPGs.

Hearts and rupees will no longer be found from cutting grass. Link would have to cook food or obtain healing potions to replenish health. To obtain rupees, Link would have to sell junk loot.

ide
PostPosted: June 18th, 2016, 10:35 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
From what I heard in that trailer, that feminine voice speaking really caught my attention. Especially in English. Could it be likely that there might be more full-sentenced voiceovers or would that voice telling Link to wake up be the only instance in the game? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: June 18th, 2016, 11:42 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: June 19th, 2016, 6:43 am 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

ide
PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 7:10 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 12:24 am 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

ide
PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 12:32 am 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

As an aside, I really appreciate that the series is now going forward in time, rather than backwards as it has been doing.

Based on what I've read, coupled with the title imagery itself, this may be the latest point in the timeline. The Master Sword is all rusted and chipped, and the kingdom is in ruins.

ide
PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 2:50 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

What I mean by hiring actors to do "gibberish" is that the developer would not need to hire voice actors for Japanese, another set for English, yet another set for French, yet another for Spanish, and yet another for German and many other languages. Not just other languages, but different dialects of the same language; for example, spoken Canadian French and spoken European French or spoken Latin American Spanish and spoken European Spanish are substantially different (while British English and American English are similar enough for one set of voice actors for English to suffice).

There is absolutely no doubt that Breath of the Wild is heavily inspired by Western RPGs. Hyrule Warriors is just Nintendo's first attempt at having spoken dialogue in a real world language (albeit by the narrator).

Yes, I believe that this game would be at the end point of the three split paths.

ide
PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 5:26 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Skyrim for little kids? I'm in! I've seen my brother play the elder scrolls game on his XBox 360, and now I'll get a chance to play something like that on a Nintendo system!

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 5:44 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

ide
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2016, 6:31 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2016, 3:23 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

As much as I am looking forward to this iteration, I have to bring back an important quote:

'Size matters not!'

Those 140 square miles aren't gonna mean much if they're practically empty. At least Skyrim has interesting stuff to find in practically every part of it.

ide
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2019, 1:28 pm 
Life, the universe, and everything. Male
Life, the universe, and everything.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
So the game has been out for a while, and I think it's safe to say that it is absolutely amazing. Honestly the only thing I didn't like about it were the divine beasts, they were soooooooooooo tedious, having to do whatever they want in the village before you even get access to the divine beast, then once you do get access you have to solve an extremely boring puzzle that can take up to half an hour. Once you complete that THEN you fight the boss and win the divine beast. Honestly it was all very traditional to the legend of zelda series, however I never really did like the puzzle aspect of it :/ So I just like to run around killing everything or flying on rocks XD Also I just bought it for the Wii U so I will be able to try both versions of the game :3

ide
PostPosted: October 28th, 2019, 10:48 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
It’s funny to look back at 2014 when people were saying “Zelda will save the Wii U!”.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: October 30th, 2019, 3:56 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Zelda COULD have saved the Wii U if Nintendo hadn't bailed on the entire system like a year in.

ide
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2019, 8:08 pm 
Life, the universe, and everything. Male
Life, the universe, and everything.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
I doubt that anything could have saved the Wii U, it was destined to be a failed console. Perhaps the biggest mistake it had was the VERY misleading name, the main reason it didn't sell very well was because most people assumed it was just an overpriced gamepad accessory for the Wii. I can only imagine the sad faces of the children who got breath of the wild for Christmas from their uneducated grandparents/parents who didn't realize that Wii U games couldn't be played on a Wii :c

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable