[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
The Legendary Starfy General Thread - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 28th, 2020, 5:42 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 9:33 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Discuss The Legendary Starfy game series in general here.

Why not have some more love for this underrated gem?

I couldn't resist posting this. How could Nintendo remember such an obscure character? I really hope he will playable in the next Smash game. We haven't even heard from the sixth game in years.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxppkNlUDNs[/youtube]

Last edited by goldmaster11 on April 8th, 2016, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ide
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2016, 4:41 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I'm not a very big Stafy fan, but I own the first game, and until I got stuck, it was pretty fun.

ide
PostPosted: April 8th, 2016, 12:06 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

https://sites.google.com/site/torchicke ... on-project

Nintendo is also re-releasing the Starfy games on Wii U Virtual Cosnole. The first 3 games are already available in Japan. They have not been confirmed for other regions.

ide
PostPosted: April 8th, 2016, 7:30 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Wow, I was wondering when someone would try doing a fan translation of the Starfy games! That's awesome!

I hope they do confirm the games for other regions, even if that entails the need to localize them. I played The Legendary Starfy on the DS and it had "sleeper hit" written all over it, so it's sort of sad that Starfy never really caught on outside of Japan. He really deserves a second chance.

I was also meaning to design a water level in Super Mario Maker, so the Starfy costume is perfect.

ide
PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 3:51 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

The inactive Starfy Fanon Wiki is being revived, now under the adoption of a new administrator. It will be cleaned-up and renamed. The new name will be "Starfy and Kirby Wiki". Sadly, still no update on the translation project.

http://starfyfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Starfy_Fanon_Wiki

Also, I just found this video explaining why a Starfy game should be made for 3DS.

ide
PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 8:22 am 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

The ledgendary starfy truly was my childhood, it makes me happy to see that fans still care about it :)

but it's definitely sad that starfy will most likely never get another game, likely doomed to be a weak assist in smash bros

ide
PostPosted: May 14th, 2016, 7:58 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I just played the first Stafy game for the GBA for the first time in years, it was fun, just not as much as Kirby.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: May 15th, 2016, 2:25 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

The third game in the series, Densetsu no Starfy 3, is the game you'll want to play if you want to see the series at its best. That's the one I played first (on an emulator; bad, BlueAizu, bad!) in anticipation for The Legendary Starfy on the DS. The first two just paled in comparison to the third one, which makes sense because Starfy was still trying to find his legs, if you get what I'm saying. You don't need to be fluent in Japanese to enjoy the games, but it certainly helps.

I never played Densetsu no Starfy 4, but I wouldn't mind checking it out.

ide
PostPosted: May 15th, 2016, 5:11 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

I've heard that's the last GBA Stafy game, and the first one with Stapy/Starly in it. Doesn't it have Wario in it too, or am I just thinking things?

I probably want Densetsu no Stafy 4 the most. The one I probably want the least is Densetsu no Stafy 2, but I still want it. Should I play the games in order?

I played more of Densetsu no Stafy todsy, just so you know, I'm playing on a DS Lite; DS Lites aren't region locked.

ide
PostPosted: May 15th, 2016, 7:47 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

It is, it is, and it does. Densetsu no Starfy 3 is a great game and I really enjoyed my time with it. Wario has a surprise supporting role in one of the levels using his Wario Land 4 abilities to help Starfy find treasure for him. It totally slipped my mind that Stapy debuted in that game... which is surprising, because a few levels involve switching between the two characters (I call her Stapy to avoid confusion with the Pokémon named Starly).

I totally didn't play the games in order since I started with the third one because I heard it was the best of the bunch. Each game's story is pretty simple and self-contained, but there are several plot points which reference earlier installments. With that said, if you don't care much for the story it really doesn't matter what order you decide to play the games in, although playing them in order may make you appreciate the improvements made in subsequent games.

ide
PostPosted: May 15th, 2016, 9:31 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Alright. I'll probably get the second or third one next. Seems like the later games have a lot more content.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable