[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Freshly Scanned Images in Games Section - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 22nd, 2020, 10:14 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 10:05 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra

Last edited by BlueAizu21 on May 2nd, 2016, 9:56 am, edited 8 times in total.

ide
PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 10:27 pm 
Waddle Doo Male
Waddle Doo

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Cool stuff.

Fun fact! I actually do have RtDL, but it is a weird international version, and unlike the international version of Amazing Mirror that I got, wasn't a bootleg that didn't work.

I see what you with Avalanche. That picture wasn't even taken straight. Is it so hard to have a not-slanted cartridge pic?

The best way to get this stuff would be to send a ZIP. I'll turn it into a tar.xz once it gets to me, but I'm realistic and assuming ZIP is your OS's format of choice.
Currently, I don't technically have FTP access to RR. And by that, I mean I don't at all. I sorta have a backdoor I've been using the maintain the site for the last five years. This makes for really bad bulk binary transfers, so I compress large filesets as much as possible and unpack them once they are on KRR's server.

I've emailed large things to myself in the past. I don't know if you have something like a drop box or Google drive that you could use instead to get those files over. If not, I'll have to rig up some way for you to upload to the KRR server directly, which was something I was hoping to be able to put off for a while.

ide
PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 11:22 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Thank you so much!

I'm really curious to see that international Return to Dreamland now! It's called Kirby's Adventure Wii internationally, but personally I think Return to Dreamland's a better name.

Onto business: I can confirm that my OS does use ZIP files.
I also happen to have a Google Drive which I can use to share the files, so I'll PM you a link to the file once it's up. It sounds really rough to not have complete access to the site's FTP, so would it be easier if I sent the game manuals in smaller chunks instead of doing them all at once? Return to Dreamland's manual won't be a huge deal since it's only four or five pages, but Super Star Ultra and Mass Attack have quite a lot of pages. I'd also like the images to be at a good size on the website, so I'll make the file sizes as small as possible without destroying the quality too much.

I'm thinking it would be easier if I could eventually upload the images directly, but it's okay if it turns out to not be possible. It honestly doesn't feel right having that kind of access when my account's only three days old, if that, but maybe now's not a good time for those odd feelings.

Anyway, I've already finished editing the Mass Attack manual and box art, so I'll send you everything that's ready so far, including the Kirby's Avalanche cartridge scan. I'm calling it a night once that's sent since I have to render an animation for a while, but I'll be back at it tomorrow! I think I'll tackle Super Star Ultra's manual next since I want to get the big stuff out of the way first.

ide
PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 11:48 pm 
Waddle Doo Male
Waddle Doo

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
The fewer chunks, the easier, but if there is a size limit imposed on you, just use the maximum chunk size possible.

I'm going to have to create a thumbnail for each image and then just upload it all to the site as one giant blob anyway. With FTP, I could just mput/no prompt all the files sequentially, but without, uploading multiple things becomes a pain, which is why I would just unpack a pre-formatted archive into the site, your files and thumbnails and all. Thataway, I only have to upload a single file instead of a bunch.

Don't think too much of having upload access; it would just be non-destructive upload access, not carte blanche to modify anything on the site. That kind of access is actually historically easy to achieve on this site, and that is probably why it has been taken over/held hostage so many times.

ide
PostPosted: April 5th, 2016, 6:39 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

I'd never, ever even dream of sabotaging someone else's website since that's just mean-spirited. Especially not this one! But it's reassuring to hear that it'd be non-destructive uploading. I'll do what I can to help out, but I don't think I have it in me to be a staffer myself.

Moving on, I've decided that it'd make sense if I kept track of my progress by editing the first post so everyone can see what I've gotten finished so far. I'm going to be very transparent about the whole thing to give the site a visible "beating heart" if that makes any sense.

...It means I want visitors to be assured that there's activity going on as far as the scanned material goes.

ide
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2016, 10:03 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

I apologize for the double post, but it's been a long while since I've started doing this and I'd like to bring some attention back to this topic by giving an update about my progress.
All of the scans I have so far have been edited and sent as of today. It may be the end of my backlog of scans, but that doesn't mean it's the end of me submitting them to Rainbow Resort! I'll scan more new images as they come, and if I find any of my older Kirby memorabilia I'll be sure to also scan those when I get the chance. In particular, I have my sights set on Planet Robobot...!

Anyway, once I have more scans, I'll make note of it in the first post of this topic.

ide
PostPosted: August 9th, 2016, 2:46 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

My favorite game?
"Kirby Triple Post!"

I have good news! I'm happy to announce that I've finally gotten a brand new scanner, and it's quite large, to boot. It's big enough to scan comic boards (those are 11 x 17), and it's capable of scanning in high resolutions as well, which bodes well for my newfound ability to make scans of anything at any time. I can now freely make scans of my Kirby games and memorabilia without having to make arrangements to do it first!

So if anyone still cares, I can upload scans of my also-new Planet Robobot box and cartridge any time now (the game doesn't come with a paperback manual; who reads those anymore?!). Most of the scans I made are still not being used for the main website, which makes me kind of sad.

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 8:19 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Signature by KirbStomp!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable