Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently February 5th, 2023, 11:09 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2019, 6:19 pm 
Great Ace A_mystery
Great Ace

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Here it is. Because I love Path of Radiance that much. :lol:

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2019, 7:58 pm 
ROYAL RAINBOW Female
ROYAL RAINBOW

HOORAY. okay so i've been a fan of fire emblem since it first came out in the united states back in 2003. funnily enough, i wasn't that interested in the series at first- it was my brother who was excited because he was a big fan of roy in melee. but we got blazing blade (just called fire emblem) and played it and i was almost immediately hooked. the gameplay was really fun, the story was engrossing, the characters were so memorable and i loved the beautiful sprite animations in battle... it was a revelation. and i've been a lifelong fan ever since!

i've played every game released outside of japan since then (including, regrettably, every version of fates all the way through) and even a few that didn't make it out of japan via fan translations. it's one of my all time favorite series, and i'm so happy that it's finally reclaiming its fallen glory with three houses after the travesty that was the trifecta of fates, heroes, and warriors.

ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2019, 8:04 pm 
Great Ace A_mystery
Great Ace

While I hate Fates, I’m not very fond of Three Houses either. It just doesn’t feel like Fire Emblem to me. It seems so... soulless.

Also, who’s your absolute favorite character or lord? I bet you can guess mine...

ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2019, 8:16 pm 
ROYAL RAINBOW Female
ROYAL RAINBOW

Quote:
While I hate Fates, I’m not very fond of Three Houses either. It just doesn’t feel like Fire Emblem to me. It seems so... soulless.
that's funny to say, because to me it feels like the most soul fire emblem has had in a while. the writing is really well done- all of the characters have fully developed backstories and personalities. none of them feel like cardboard cutouts the way that the characters in fates (and some in awakening) felt. the story also feels like what they wanted to do with fates, but much better developed... you actually care about the characters you wind up fighting, haha. i'm emotionally invested in the story and have been having a great time, so much so that after i finished my blue lions playthrough i immediately started a golden deer playthrough. it feels to me like the fire emblem i fell in love with as a kid and i'm glad it's directing the series image away from "this is the game that horny anime nerds play" that fates and especially heroes gave it.
Quote:
Also, who’s your absolute favorite character or lord? I bet you can guess mine...
eliwood, i presume based on your avatar? or ike, based on your like of path of radiance? both good choices.
i have a lot of favorite characters... the first to spring to mind are all from blazing blade, though, so it's clear which game is my favorite (or one of them). canas, florina, and nino are all characters i adore and use every time i play that game. even though nino is a pain to raise up, her storyline is so good and she becomes soooo strong if you put in the effort!
favorite lord... might be celica from gaiden and shadows of valentia is so cool. she's the first female lord, and the first sword-using spellcaster! i've also got a soft spot for lucina, but i think everyone does at this point.

ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2019, 8:24 pm 
Great Ace A_mystery
Great Ace

Yeah, I’ve heard a lot of people love Three Houses. I guess that’s another unpopular opinion of mine.

Yeah, it’s Eliwood. I also love Hector, but I feel like Lyn is a character who was forced into the game. I don’t really get why she’s so popular. In fact, most of the female lords aren’t as good as the men. Celica is someone who went politically mad, and made a lot of stupid decisions. I’d say Eirika is a better done Celica.

I do love Ike, but he’s not my favorite, and I don’t like what they did to him in Radiant Dawn. At least he’s part of an amazing band of mercenaries. I’d say most of the Greil Mercenaries(yes, even the dead leader, Greil) are some of my favorite characters in the series.

ide
PostPosted: January 20th, 2023, 9:25 pm 
Great Ace A_mystery
Great Ace

Engage released today. Unlike the latest Kirby titles (or Three Houses), I actually plan on buying it, just not right away. Maybe in the Summer months?

Based on what I heard, it’s great in terms of gameplay but horrible in terms of story. I prefer Fire Emblem for the story and especially the characters, so maybe I will skip this one, but it still looks more appealing to me than Three Houses (helped by how Intelligent Systems actually worked on it this time), so we’ll see.