Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently April 12th, 2021, 10:12 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: March 26th, 2021, 8:32 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Chibi-Robo Photo Finder Guide
Current Version (Last Updated): Version 1.0.1 (March 27th, 2021)

Version History:
Version 1.0 (March 26th, 2021): The first version. Includes an introduction to the guide, an introduction to Chibi-Robo in general, and an introduction to Photo Finder.
Version 1.0.1 (March 27th, 2021): Started the section about the Curator’s Office. Information about the outlet and watts is included, as are basic descriptions of Chibi-PC functions.

——————————

Guide Introduction:
I’ve been playing Chibi-Robo Photo Finder recently. There is no guide created for the game available on GameFAQs, and information on the game is also scarce on the Fandom Chibi-Robo Wiki, so I have decided to make my own.
This guide uses the following:
1. My own personal experience from playing the game.
2. Some information from the game’s GameFAQs message board.
3. Various info from the Chibi-Robo Wiki and Wikipedia.

This guide in question is not meant to be a 100% completion guide. It is merely a guide for as much as I’m aware or certain of. I am not intending on uploading this guide to GameFAQs as I believe it is too ‘unprofessional’ and ‘messy’ to go there, so I’m posting it here instead as I don’t know where else to put it.

You are allowed to use this guide for:
1. Helping you through the game.
2. Updating articles on the Chibi-Robo wiki, but do not copy my sentences word for word.
3. Or you can just read this guide for fun, if you wish.

I haven’t played any Chibi-Robo games aside from Photo Finder, so I apologize in advance for anything I get incorrect about the Chibi-Robo universe.

That’s the end of my introduction. Enjoy the guide.

——————————

Chibi-Robo Introduction:

Chibi-Robo is a game series about Chibi-Robos, robots produced by the fictional CitrusSoft company. Chibi-Robos are 10 centimeter/4 inch tall robots whose original main intended purposes were cleaning things and making people happy. The games often revolve around having the Chibi-Robo you’re playing as explore the wide world around them, help out everybody you come across, whether it be human beings or sentient toys, earn happy points(the series’ currency) for successfully completing said tasks, clean up areas that have lots of dust, stains, and trash, etc..

The games never sold very well due to various reasons, and one game, called ‘Clean Sweep’ by English fans, never released outside of Japan, although fans did create a fan translation for the game. As a last effort to make the series more successful, Chibi-Robo Zip Lash featured a genre change to platformer while still attempting to keep the personality of the previous games, and even came bundled with an amiibo of the title character. The genre change probably did more harm than good, as previous Chibi-Robo fans were upset with it, there likely weren’t many new fans as the game didn’t significantly stick out amongst the pile of other Nintendo 3DS platformers, and critics thought the game was mediocre.

There haven’t been any new Chibi-Robo games since then, and signs have been pointing to Skip Ltd., the company that developed the games, having gone defunct, although nothing has been outright confirmed.

——————————

About Photo Finder:
Photo Finder (known as Let’s Go Photo in PAL regions) is the fourth game in the series, following the GameCube game, Park Patrol on the DS, and Clean Sweep, also on DS, and preceding Zip-Lash on the 3DS. It was initially released on the 3DS eShop in Japan in 2013. An international release followed in 2014. This game is a Nintendo 3DS eShop exclusive. On the American eShop it is 10 USD, and should be at an equivalent price of your country’s currency in your region. Previous Chibi-Robo games have significantly gone up in price on sites like eBay, especially the GameCube game, so if you want a taste of what the series is all about without breaking the bank, this game might be for you.

Photo Finder starts off with Chibi-Robo being transported to an office. This office belongs to an old-ish man named Mr. Curator. Mr. Curator wants to open a museum in his apartment consisting of ‘NostalJunk’(possibly a portmanteau of ‘Nostalgia’, as in, things of the past that you miss, and ‘Junk’, as in, common things you take for granted). NostalJunk are things that come from the past. Using a special camera and special film, you can take photos of things from the past(the game is implied to take place in the future, as in, sometime after 2013/2014/whatever year you, the player, lives in) and make them come to life! Mr. Curator has been interested in NostalJunk since he was a young boy, and has assigned Chibi-Robo to help him make his dream, open a NostalJunk museum and make NostalJunk more popular with the general public, come true! With the help of Telly(not to be confused with the Telly from the GameCube game), a smartphone who’s Chibi-Robo’s advisor, Chibi-Robo will accomplish that goal!

In the case of this game, I consider beating the game to be unlocking the credits. In order to do that, you must complete all eight museum exhibit rooms. Each room can contain five pieces of NostalJunk, which means you need to fill the museum with 40 NostalJunk items. Good luck!

——————————

Curator’s Office:
Curator’s Office is the hub area of Photo Finder. The two most important things of note in the office are...

The Outlet: Chibi-Robo is a robot, so it’s only natural that they run on batteries. Chibi-Robo’s energy is known as watts. This energy tends to drain quickly, so be sure to visit the outlet at the office as soon as possible if you’re starting to get low on watts.

In the beginning of the game, Chibi-Robo only has a measly 50 watts. However, you do not stay with this amount forever.

Early on in the game(after you complete the first exhibit room I believe), Mr. Curator adds a visitor counter to the office near the outlet. The counter shows how many people have visited the museum as of recent. If you add more NostalJunk to the museum, the counter will go up. However, if you go too long without adding new NostalJunk to the museum, the counter will start to go down, so be sure to add new NostalJunk regularly!

When the visitor counter reaches certain milestones, Mr. Curator will give Chibi-Robo a gift. This gift is a battery pack that lets Chibi-Robo store more watts at a time.

Listed below is the maximum watt amount you upgrade to and the visitor amount you need to reach to unlock it.
100: 3000
150: 10,000
200: 15,000

Chibi-PC: The second thing of note is the Chibi-PC. This is where you access a majority of things in the game. There are four options available.

1. Job Mail: Tasks you do for people who need help. This is the main way you earn happy points. More jobs become available to you as you finish more exhibit rooms.
2. Shop: Buy NostalJunk film here. You need happy points in order to buy it.
3. Shoot: Take pictures of things from the past (your present) with the film you purchased. If the accuracy is at least 60%, that means it’s good enough to take home and put in the museum.
4. Explore: Travel to places and, well... explore them! There’s a few ways to get a small amount of happy points while exploring.

——————————

Credits:

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

Last edited by KEEBY64 on March 27th, 2021, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ide
PostPosted: March 26th, 2021, 8:34 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Edit: Ignore this post. Reserved in case I need more space for the guide.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY