[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Smash 4 Tournament - Farewell to Meta Naito (IN PROGRESS) - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 15th, 2020, 3:31 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 3:46 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
The tournament has started! Please attend to your brackets!

ROUND 1

-Fubaka
-

-PlayR489
-Meta Naito

Losers Bracket

ROUND 1

-GSnail
-

(PS: If you are not in this bracket, but would still like to play, feel free to respond saying so. I'll try to fit you in if I can.)

==ORIGINAL POST + RULES==
Greetings, round peoples.

To commemorate the closing of Meta Naito, I have been asked to host a commemorative Smash 4 Tournament in its honor. I figured I would make this post here, to attract as many entrants as I can.

The games will begin on Friday the 27th of May, 2016, and run through Saturday and Sunday as well. As for exact times, let me know in your signup post what'd work best for you and I will try to arrange things as best I can.

If you have a copy of either the 3DS or Wii U version, you can enter the tourney by posting below saying so. I will set up brackets once the time comes to play. Once game time comes, we will be operating each match using the With Friends mode in the respective games, so you will need to (at least temporarily) add your opponents to your friends lists.

Here are the following categories. Each one will be separated into 3DS and Wii U. Feel free to sign up for as many as you want/can:

For Fun - Free for all, up to 4 players per game, 3 stocks, 8 minutes
For Fun T - Team Battle, 2v2, 3 stocks, 8 minutes, team attack off
For Glory - 1v1, 2 stocks, 6 minutes, no items, tournament legal stages only
For Glory T - Team Battle, 2v2, 3 stocks, 8 minutes, no items, team attack on, tournament legal stages only
For Chaos - Free for all, up to 4 players per game, rules are random, stages random, custom characters and stages are allowed

Some additional rules:
*Tournaments operate on a double elimination best of 3 setup. Winners, losers, and grand finals, however, are best of 5.
*Stage selection is to be agreed upon by the contestants before the match begins:
**In For Glory, only tournament legal stages may be picked, and priority always goes to the loser of the last game. See below for a list of tournament legal stages.
**This rule does not apply to For Chaos.
*Save replays of all your games, in the event that a conflicting report is given on who won/lost. If necessary, you will be asked to send them in for verification.
*In For Glory 1v1, Sudden Death will not be used to determine the winner of a match. Instead, if both players are on one stock, whoever is at the lower percentage when time runs out wins. If percents are tied up (unlikely), a re-game with 1 stock and 3 minutes will be done instead.
*In For Glory, you must reveal your choice of character to your opponent(s) before the fight begins.
*No Johns.

Tournament Legal Stages (For Glory):

3DS
All Omega form Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Dream Land (64)
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Duck Hunt

Wii U
All Omega form Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Town and City
Smashville
Dream Land (64)
Duck Hunt
Miiverse

Let me know if you have any other questions. I hope to see you all on the 27th!

Last edited by Fubaka on May 27th, 2016, 3:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ide
PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 4:17 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Mass Attack
Yay!

I'll sign up for all, 3DS and WiiU.

What's Johns?

ide
PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 4:46 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

ide
PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 9:50 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Aha.

Also, I should mention that only staff can respond to your topic on MN.

ide
PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 10:57 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Actually, not even mods can respond to announcements. Only admins on there.

I'll probably not be participating, but good luck.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 11:39 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
I am not participating, but I believe that Fubaka is favoured to win the tournament.

ide
PostPosted: May 12th, 2016, 5:25 am 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

ide
PostPosted: May 17th, 2016, 10:40 am 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Just a post to keep the visibility of this thread up.

If you have a copy of either Smash game, don't hesitate to sign up! This is more about the fun of it than the competition.

ide
PostPosted: May 24th, 2016, 10:30 am 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Playoffs begin in three days! If you've any interest at all, please consider signing up!

ide
PostPosted: May 27th, 2016, 11:01 am 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Matches begin in 4 hours!

A preliminary Tourney will be held in 3 hours. Here are details:

Name: Farewell
Duration: 1 hour
Password: PROGRAM

ide
PostPosted: May 27th, 2016, 1:14 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

That's 1:00 CST?

Hmm, I may be a bit late. Sorry, I didn't mention it earlier, I just kinda expected it to be around the time of the first tourney.

Shooty shoot shoot. I just have to go to the store...

ide
PostPosted: May 27th, 2016, 2:24 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

ide
PostPosted: May 27th, 2016, 3:28 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Okay, logging on now~

ide
PostPosted: May 27th, 2016, 3:44 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Bracket one concludes. I beat GSnail.

I await the results of the second bracket.

ide
PostPosted: May 27th, 2016, 3:49 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Naturally ^.^

It was fun.

ide
PostPosted: May 27th, 2016, 3:51 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

ide
PostPosted: May 27th, 2016, 4:01 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Oh, I didn't know we were doing that. Ok, I'll keep an eye out.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable