PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 5:58 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's KiraKira Kids
Mine would be Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels

ide
PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 6:38 pm 
I look like I just spent my whole life in a freezer. Male
I look like I just spent my whole life in a freezer.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Not really sure. I've played plenty of games. Ocarina of Time was pretty hard, though.

RP characters

ide
PostPosted: April 17th, 2011, 9:51 pm 
Star Herald A_mystery
Star Herald

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Air Ride
I'm sure quite a few people will back up the fact that any of the danmaku Touhou games are very hard games. Which game is the hardest depends on the person and how much skill they have.

Pokemon Colloseum is quite possibly the hardest Pokemon game (not counting fan games) due to the AI predicting when you are healing, unpredictable type advantages, the limited Pokemon choice and so forth. Pokemon XD is easier, though that's not saying much...

Super Monkey Ball's Expert mode (and maybe Advanced EX.) is also hell. Anyone who has played the games will agree. Super Monkey Ball 2 is even worse (ARTHROPOD).

ide
PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 11:59 am 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Hardest games I've played..?

Bubble Bobble
Legend of Zelda II
Pocky & Rocky
Mother
Super R Type @_@

Then there's the self imposed challenges

Metroid: Low % Run
Metroid II: Low % Run
Super Metroid: No Varia Suit..
Metroid Fusion: 1% Speed Run
Metroid Zero Mission: 10% Hard Mode Speed Run
KSSU: True Arena, No guard, Vanilla Kirby Run. (honestly the only one that gave me trouble was galacta)

ide
PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 12:21 pm 

I agree with Plas on this one. Zelda II is insanely difficult and I've even heard Mother/Earthbound Zero is a hard game.

RP characters

ide
PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 3:02 pm 
Christmas Present #5 Male
Christmas Present #5

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Super Meatboy. The Darkworld levels specifically, as well as Bandage Girls Bonus levels, and the Internet Bonus Levels. GOOD GOD.

ide
PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 8:45 pm 
ROYAL RAINBOW Female
ROYAL RAINBOW

Kupo wrote:
I've even heard Mother/Earthbound Zero is a hard game.
It is. Grinding is a constant requirement and makes the game extremely frustrating, and the random encounter rate is ridiculous. Most people tend to give up around Duncan's Factory because of that.

ide
PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 9:06 pm 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
The Game.
I just Lost it.
AND YOU DID TOO

Pac-Pix...I don't play many games, but I couldn't get past THE 6th STAGE WHEN THERE WERE 20
WTF?
Other than that though, Mystery dungeon blue...So much stuff to do...

ide
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 1:56 am 
Christmas Present #3 Male
Christmas Present #3

Super Ghouls and Ghosts is an incredibly brutal game on every difficulty, my friends and I actually dedicated a day to beat it on professional, twice (seriously Capcom?). By the time you're done that game you pretty much have to be able to walk through the levels with ease (if you died repeatedly like I did >_>).

Then there's another game I find incredibly difficult: Cave Story. There are two things about this game that make it difficult, Last Cave (if you are going for the best ending), and Sacred Grounds (Best ending as well). Both are pretty much Platform Hell (with Sacred Grounds being more literal) and Sacred Grounds has an incredibly difficult boss with multiple forms at the end.

Also The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. That game's dungeon bosses don't mess around at all, and the last fight with Ganon is pretty hard (if you don't use the Cane of Bryna or the Magic Cape, that is).

ide
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 10:33 am 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Honeybloom wrote:
Kupo wrote:
I've even heard Mother/Earthbound Zero is a hard game.
It is. Grinding is a constant requirement and makes the game extremely frustrating, and the random encounter rate is ridiculous. Most people tend to give up around Duncan's Factory because of that.

Not to mention it gets even harder towards the middle and end with unbalanced enemies.

ide
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 7:02 pm 
Cutter Power! Male
Cutter Power!

Eventually though you should be at a point where Ninten and Loid/Teddy one shot everything and Ana has whatever PSI move it is that serves as an auto-kill. So then even an encounter with a full 3 enemies can be finished in one turn. That's how my party was near the end of the game and I was still very underleveled for fighting Giegue.

But then again I was playing with Tomato's first level patch (not the second one that completely broke the game, but it did fix a lot of translation stuff) so I probably didn't have to grind anywhere near as much as those playing an unedited ROM.

As for hardest games I've played? La-mulana and I Wanna Be the Guy. No where near finishing either of them. Not trying IWBTG again because it's purposely unfair but I'm waiting for the WiiWare remake of La-mulana to really dedicate time and beat that game.

ide
PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 4:35 am 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

what were your levels? I was in the 30's when I got to giegue. No patches. Only thing that saved me was life up and psi shield. I also took advantage of a glitch to keep teddy on one of my playthroughs.

ide
PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 1:10 pm 
Dream Hunter Male
Dream Hunter

The hardest game I ever played... I guess I'd have to chalk that up to one I couldn't beat. One I gave up on after not being able to win. I'd say it would be Trauma Center: Under the Knife. I can't remember any other time I've attempted to play a game and completely given up because of the difficulty alone.

ide
PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 1:37 pm 

I have heard that Friday the 13th was almost unbeatable. Also, Punch-Out!!.

RP characters

ide
PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 2:05 pm 
Dream Warrior Female
Dream Warrior

Super Mario World 3. I never got close to beating it. I am absolutely terrible at side scrollers in general, the hardest one I've ever managed to beat was Yoshi's Island.

Check out our Kirby Manga scan project!

ide
PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 8:23 pm 
Christmas Present #5

Sam and Max, Freelance Police. It's pretty difficult at some parts, if you miss even the lsightest hint, you'll walking around wondering how the hell you're gonna find a Train for a baby (Physically not Mentally.) who's trying to create some new musical style involving a bunch of junk that fell out of the bermuda triangle, all the while knowing that a Baby Jimmy Hoffa is barring your only access to a volcano that'll erupt if you don't do anything about it, and simultaneously realizing that the way to get rid of him is by tricking him into drinking water from the fountain of youth. But you can't get any because there are Pirahnas in it that try to eat you any time you get near it.

It uh.. makes a little more sense in context. Honest.

ide
PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 8:35 pm 
Cutter Power! Male
Cutter Power!

Plas Durock wrote:
what were your levels? I was in the 30's when I got to giegue. No patches. Only thing that saved me was life up and psi shield. I also took advantage of a glitch to keep teddy on one of my playthroughs.

Think it was the 30s as well but I'm not entirely sure. Can't check either because it's on the hard drive of my laptop that broke.

But yeah while most of enemies were tolerable Giegue almost slaughtered me. Probably spent more turns healing than singing.

ide
PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 8:49 pm 
Christmas Present #4 Male
Christmas Present #4

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land
Horseman Death wrote:
Sam and Max, Freelance Police. It's pretty difficult at some parts, if you miss even the lsightest hint, you'll walking around wondering how the hell you're gonna find a Train for a baby (Physically not Mentally.) who's trying to create some new musical style involving a bunch of junk that fell out of the bermuda triangle, all the while knowing that a Baby Jimmy Hoffa is barring your only access to a volcano that'll erupt if you don't do anything about it, and simultaneously realizing that the way to get rid of him is by tricking him into drinking water from the fountain of youth. But you can't get any because there are Pirahnas in it that try to eat you any time you get near it.

That's why the wii version has max drop hints if you get stuck for a while.

And as for answering the question of hardest game i have played, it all depends on what you mean. For the hardest game due to multitudes of deaths, then either Super Meat Boy or Tales of games on unknown (Abyssion and Nebilim.......*shudders*). As for hard because of its design, Final Fantasy XII all the way (no money drops, AI dumb as stumps, and annoying deaths due to elementals deciding to say hi as my mage casts cure).
.....dood

ide
PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 11:03 pm 
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA Male
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Einhander. That game was hard with a capital H.

Also, the original Half Life. The spec ops enemies had me running for my money.

ide
PostPosted: April 21st, 2011, 12:28 am 
Christmas Present #5

Prinny Tenchou wrote:
Horseman Death wrote:

That's why the wii version has max drop hints if you get stuck for a while.

And as for answering the question of hardest game i have played, it all depends on what you mean. For the hardest game due to multitudes of deaths, then either Super Meat Boy or Tales of games on unknown (Abyssion and Nebilim.......*shudders*). As for hard because of its design, Final Fantasy XII all the way (no money drops, AI dumb as stumps, and annoying deaths due to elementals deciding to say hi as my mage casts cure).
.....dood

Let's not forget "Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?!"
I'll also assume "Dawn of Operation Panties" will be equally difficult.