Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently October 15th, 2021, 10:35 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: July 4th, 2010, 9:31 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
It's not.

It wasn't used much in the first game because it really messes up when flying between planets. Once Mario hits a new gravity well he flips around so he's still going the same relative direction to the ground.

To demonstrate, let's say you have two planetoids next to each other. You position Mario so that one of them is directly above his head, and fly up to it. About halfway there Mario will switch gravities. Your destination planet is now 'down'. But Mario is flying up! So he sings around and points towards the planet you just came from, which is now up. He flies towards it, switches gravities again, and swings around again.

Either they were unable or unwilling to fix this in Galaxy 2. The code for flight still exists within the game, and if you activate it via cheating it has all the same problems.

ide
PostPosted: July 4th, 2010, 9:40 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I know that. That's another reason I didn't like it.

But it was, in general, far slower moving than the Wing Cap.

Check out the Halberd Minecraft Project! Click here to see!

ide
PostPosted: July 4th, 2010, 10:10 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

i was explaining to cosmic why it's not in the game.

ide
PostPosted: July 4th, 2010, 10:11 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Ah. Sorry for the misconception.

ide
PostPosted: July 5th, 2010, 12:17 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Squeak Squad
Quote:
No. That one isn't in it.

I didn't like that powerup, though. It was so slow...
The music for it was cool, though. And you can use it to reach hidden 1-ups. Like there's one waaaaay at the top, one under the entrance to the gate, basically stuff like that. The Observatory was kinda better than Starship Mario. It was bigger, it had a load of Lumas flying around the place, there were COUCHES on there, it would have been my place to go to for a summer vacation. But on the Starship, it's smaller, everyone's pretty much sitting there liable to be blown off by speed, no protection, and the only "indoors" place is the engine room. Also, it's filled with people who only say one thing for the entire game.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER: Bombs?
(Even the Bob-omb buddy, who talks about World S, will still talk about it WHEN YOU'RE CURRENTLY IN IT.)
Still looks kinda cool, but gets old quickly. :shakefist:

ide
PostPosted: July 5th, 2010, 1:35 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Oh, and the Observatory could transform. That was pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Starship Mario, but...it works.

ide
PostPosted: July 5th, 2010, 8:33 pm 
Li'l Traveler A_mystery
Li'l Traveler

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
Bought it a couple of weeks ago, but haven't played it much. Sure is the most imposing game from Nintendo that I know. I still think that it's too linear, maybe I've just to get used to it. I prefer more Sunshine for it's wide open stages. I'm sure it'll be awesome gaming experience. After collecting 3 stars I'd already recommend SMG2 to anyone. Beginning story shoud have been more different than in previous game.

ide
PostPosted: July 6th, 2010, 2:45 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Quote:
Oh, and the Observatory could transform. That was pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Starship Mario, but...it works.
Quote:
At least you'll never lose it in a parking lot!
Well, at least it could actually MOVE...that's a plus.

ide
PostPosted: July 6th, 2010, 5:30 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

The observatory could move, too. They just didn't need to move it. Either way, I'm happy.

ide
PostPosted: July 14th, 2010, 2:04 pm 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I just saw this review for Super Mario Galaxy 2:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... o-Galaxy-2

And to be honest, he kind of has a point, in that not much is different from the first game, which is fine since the first game was good, but... Doesn't it seem like Nintendo's getting lazy with this? The same plot, the same gameplay, several additional power-ups and techniques that look like they could have just been added to the first game, the fact that you have to go through the same galaxy twice to get two different stars (first time normal, second time the exact same thing only with a time limit).

I mean, yeah, it's a fun game, but is this really it? Is this really all we want? Just the same exact game as before only with slight improvements to the first game?

Wait a minute... Did I just describe Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2? Or did I just describe the Madden series as a whole?

Don't get me wrong, I love Super Mario Galaxy 2, but he really DOES have a point.

ide
PostPosted: July 14th, 2010, 9:12 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

One thing that's always bugged me...if the Starship was under attack or something, where would the passengers go? There has to be some way of shelter.

Last edited by Bee Kirby on July 16th, 2010, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ide
PostPosted: July 14th, 2010, 9:44 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Quote:
But fanbases ruin them by whining to Nintendo just because the game wasn't exactly the way they want it. It's actually the reason some games are bad. Take Sonic 06 for exa-BACK ON TOPIC
This is wrong

ide
PostPosted: July 24th, 2010, 2:26 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Quote:
Quote:
But fanbases ruin them by whining to Nintendo just because the game wasn't exactly the way they want it. It's actually the reason some games are bad. Take Sonic 06 for exa-BACK ON TOPIC
This is wrong
Apologies. I have fixed that.
Quote:
The observatory could move, too. They just didn't need to move it. Either way, I'm happy.
Actually, it COULDN'T, because it had no fuel. The Starship Mario could move freely, however.

ide
PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 11:38 am 
Site, Forum, and Chat Admin Male
Site, Forum, and Chat Admin

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
I enjoyed the first Galaxy, and later also enjoyed Galaxy 2. Granted, it's very, very similar to the first, but that's not really a bad thing considering how good the first one was. I think there was certainly enough wiggle room with the current Mario platforming setup (Galaxy) for two games, especially considering the first wasn't too challenging and was such an incredible breath of new life for the series. Hell, they could probably get away with a similar third one, but I doubt they would. Wouldn't be a bad idea for the 3DS, though, if they somehow found a way to deal with the controls.

One thing that I have to laud Nintendo for lately is going full speed ahead when something is popular or successful. After seeming sort of ambivalent about... well, everything, during the last generation and a half, they seem to be much more willing to deliver in ways that make a lot of their "base" happy, if you will. Of course, a more cynical but perfectly valid view would state that it's Nintendo picking up self-imposed slack from third-party developers. But the fact remains that they seem much more with it and on the ball regarding their main games of late, especially with the explosion of what will certainly be popular titles for the 3DS. So I don't have a problem with Galaxy 2; I would have liked to see a SM64 2 along similar lines, but this time, they actually did it.

Also the music in both these games is amazing, although they really outdid themselves for Galaxy 2. The symphonic remix of the Bowser stage music blows its equivalent from the first game way out of the water.