[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
How do you feel about: Kirby Personifications - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 3rd, 2020, 1:42 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 4:46 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
To be honest, I don't like them too much. More often than not they look nothing like the original character- even having skintones that don't match the ingame canon (i.e. how Magolor actually has brown skin, a lot of "popular" personifications I see have white skin which I find to be an issue.). More often than not, the characters just look like some random people dressed up like a Kirby character. Sadly, as someone that doesn't like personifications at all I have to deal with seeing it. Fortunately on pixiv there's a way to make seeing them LESS frequent, but some people leave them untagged anyways.

Dunno, that's just my opinion with it. Feel free to share how you feel on them.

Signature by KirbStomp!

ide
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 4:50 pm 
GIM! A_mystery
GIM!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
i feel the same way and even makes less sense when they do it to taranza- hes clearly very very dark
Then i see ones where the character is a certain colour and they put NONE of the colour on the character (black haired meta knight with no blue to be found, blonde marx with no purple on the character anywhere..)

ide
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2016, 9:11 am 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I like them, but I see why some people don't. (i do draw human versions of some of the characters every so often so im probably biased XD)

ide
PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 9:59 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Are they called "gijinka" aren't them?
I don't like them, I prefer fan arts of the characters like they are in game.
I have especially issues with fan-arts of one specific character, Ado/Adeleine: people take the excuse that she's "human" (she looks human but as far as I know it's never stated anywhere that she's actually a real human, she can even be a dwarf or something else for the informations we have), and they draw her like a real human, with human (manga) proportions, and consider that as the canon appearance of the character (that's not true, she's more like Poppy Bros/Susie in games, far from looking like a real human).
this is an exmple, but Internet is full of similar cases:
There are even many Kirby fans that say she is unfitting because she's human, then the Kirby fandom is full of gijinka fan arts of other characters, that makes no sense.

At least gijinkas of other characters are explicitly considered fanon, what bugs me is that Adeleine's gijinkas are confused with her official design.

ide
PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 7:23 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I don't like them either. :/
Sometimes they can be funny "just for the lolz".
But when they're "serious" human Kirby fan art, they make me cringe really bad.
Ironically, I don't have any issues with humanized Adeleine.
If I'm not mistaken, it was said somewhere that she was a real human, that came from Earth.
She traveled to PopStar to study it's scenery for artistic purposes.
I don't really remember where this is from. Some say it's from the Kirby 20th anniversary encyclopedia (but I guess it isn't) and some others say it was from the Kirby 64's japanese game guide.
I take it as canon, personally, but I won't state it as official until we find the source of this.
This also may imply that the Kirby series takes place in the future, where space travel is advanced enough for humans to live in another planets.
The fact that Kirby met Samus in Kirby's Dream Land 3 also makes this theory very possible, since in the Metroid series, the Earth was destroyed or something.
But apart from that, I never saw Adeleine as a "Poppy Bro" kind of being.
She always looked anime-ish to me too.
And I guess she was intended to look like a "manga" human as well.
You see, her in-game graphics are limited by the Nintendo 64's graphic engine.
The artstyle they went with Kirby 64 didn't helped as well, since everyone looks kinda different in that game. (just look at Dedede!)
But I guess that, if they remade Kirby 64 with the series current artstyle, Adeleine would look more like a anime human child than anything.
The only thing she lacks in the game is a nose, and a more proportional body.
But again, this could be because of this game's simpler artstyle.
Because, in the game's credits, she looks very human. (With a nose and a more realistic proportion.)

Also, in Kirby's Dream Land 3, Ado (who is, supposedly, Adeleine) looks like a "anime human" in the credits too.

So, anime Adeleine fanart doesn't bother me too much.
I just don't like when they sexualize her. She's supposed to be a kid, after all. :shock:
But... what can we do... R34 is everywhere and there's no way to escape it.

Kirby fans are still alive and aware, but the community can't die.
Let's make this place the #1 Kirby site on the internet again!
Let's revive KRR and all of it's features.
The fans want it, the users want it, and even the OPHnK subbing team is back.
Let's make Rainbow Resort great again, as it was in the early and mid 2000's.
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!!!

ide
PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 3:32 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Well sorry for the small OT with pictures:
I don't think those designs are canon...
The story behind the character Ado/Adeleine is very complex, and I think she never found the true final design, in fact her design was in constant change from artwork to artwork.
Though, I wouldn't take the drawing from the credits as a source, they are drawn in a different art style and some characters have more details, like Rick's legs being similar to a real hamster's legs.
This is the most official Ado design, and it's also how she appears in the game (not hand drawn artworks)

Then she "evolved" into Adeleine, and became this (that's her up to date design, since she hasn't got a redesign yet and appeared like this in Planet Robobot)

The more humanized design from the credits of Kirby 64 comes from an older scrapped design of the character that appears in some beta material of the game

there are also some sketches with that design coming from the developers.
But I think that design is outdated now.
Also, seeing how the art direction of Kirby evolved, I highly doubt that they will humanize her even more, if ever they will bring her back, if anything, it will be the opposite.

I never read the part that she's a real human coming from Earth, but the part about coming to Pop-Star from another planet to stody art is official and comes from the instruction booklets; it's not specified what planet though, I think they left it open on purpose.

About humanized fan-arts, it's not like I never did it, in fact there is an humanized-Adeleine fan art in the front page of KRR and it's made by me, well, I made it many years ago and lots of things changed, but anyway, it was more like a sort of parody (of Mahou Shoujo anime), I don't know how to describe it... well it wasn't intended to be her real design nor a serious thing, it was more like "let's be creative and do something unexpected".

ide
PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 1:59 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Yeah, you're right.
I know these credits designs aren't canon.
But I was thinking... If those are how they were supposed to look like in a more realistic style, then Ado/Adeleine is definitely human.
Like, if Rick was a real life hamster, that's how he would like.
But Adeleine's design was never consistent to begin with.
I don't think she will return either (outside of references like the stickers in Planet Robobot).
She's from an underrated era of Kirby games.
Yeah, the Dark Matter trilogy sold well, but HAL uses stuff from the Sakurai games the most.
There seems to be some recent love inside HAL for the Dark Matter trilogy nowadays, tough, with all the references in Planet Robobot.
I really would like to see the animal friends coming back, but I do like the more fast-paced, multi-ability style of Kirby Super Star that they're using in recent games.
About humanized Kirby art... yeah, I don't have anything against it. But it is weird, especially when they try do make a human Kirby.
It never looks like Kirby, because... well... Kirby is just a pink smiley face with limbs.
And when they draw humanized Meta Knight, he almost always looks like a rejected Fire Emblem character.

Kirby fans are still alive and aware, but the community can't die.
Let's make this place the #1 Kirby site on the internet again!
Let's revive KRR and all of it's features.
The fans want it, the users want it, and even the OPHnK subbing team is back.
Let's make Rainbow Resort great again, as it was in the early and mid 2000's.
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!!!

ide
PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 4:55 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
I would like to see the inverse: humans looking like Kirby.

ide
PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 6:38 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

ide
PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 11:29 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: August 27th, 2016, 12:44 am 
Sword Power! Female
Sword Power!

Thanks YouTube automatic captions.

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 1:36 am 
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week. Female
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn

Personally, I like them for the most part. There are some that I like and some that I don't. I don't like the ones that stray too far from actually sort of resembling the character (like giving Taranza white skin... it doesn't even look like Taranza anymore at that point).

I'm pretty fond of some of Monosakura's and some of Banami-Luv's Kirby character gijinkas (except for Banami's rendition of Taranza for the aforementioned reason).
But being that I like anime and manga too, I kind of like seeing what the characters would probably look like if they were regular anime/manga characters.

There was this one gijinka I found of Sectonia at one point, it looked kind of like a mix of her spider form and her wasp form, which I really liked. It had the outfit and some hair accents colored like her wasp form, but it had darker skin and white hair like her spider form.

Also, Banami's gijinka Bandana Dee is the most precious thing I've seen in my life.

EDIT-- after a wild goose chase on Google, I found that Sectonia gijinka.

Last edited by Sectonia of Floralia on January 11th, 2020, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 2:02 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I don’t really care. I just ignore the majority of the Kirby fanbase either way.

Also, I still want to see Fire Emblem Meta Knight. lol

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 2:07 am 
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week. Female
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 2:12 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Holy word that I can not say on KRR nintendofan012 was right.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable