[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Kirby's 25th Anniversary Celebration - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 20th, 2020, 1:15 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: December 12th, 2016, 10:49 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
So, as we all know, 2017 makes 25 years since Kirby's Dream Land was released on the Game Boy, starting this wonderful franchise.
Wow! It looks like it was yesterday when Kirby's Dream Collection was released for the Wii.
Time flies! And what a great gift that was! To me, it was the perfect way to celebrate Kirby's 20th anniversary.
A great collection with the most important Kirby games way to the N64, a interactive timeline with videos, trivia and even 3 complete episodes of the anime (and some pages of the 3 Kirby mangas in the Japanese release).
And who could forget about the new Kirby's Return to Dream Land challenge stages? We even got confirmation that Magolor was sorry and became Kirby's friend. Also, the credits for this game... they were simply nostalgic and beautiful.
Of course, there was also the marvelous booklet with behind-the-scenes that came with the game, and Japan even got a Kirby encyclopedia!
The case is, today, HAL opened a twitter account dedicated to Kirby's 25th Anniversary.
https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP?s=09
It doesn't have much yet, besides a cute gif and the official logo for the "event".
So much happened in these 5 years... We got 2 brand new platform games, a sequel to Canvas Curse, two e-shop minigames.
And that's not counting Super Smash Bros. 4 and everything that happened to the fanbase.
Operation Hoshi no Kaabii returned to finish subbing the anime, Kirby's Rainbow Resort died, got replaced by the Kirby Club, witch died too, and then, Kirby's Rainbow Resort was revived, but it's empty now...
It's a weird situation, to be honest.
I hope this makes this forums more active again.
But I'm very excited to see what HAL will do for Kirby's 25th Anniversary. Got any ideas? Something you would like to see? :grin:

Kirby fans are still alive and aware, but the community can't die.
Let's make this place the #1 Kirby site on the internet again!
Let's revive KRR and all of it's features.
The fans want it, the users want it, and even the OPHnK subbing team is back.
Let's make Rainbow Resort great again, as it was in the early and mid 2000's.
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!!!

ide
PostPosted: December 12th, 2016, 5:35 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Kirby Generations. Nuff said.
Okay, perhaps I should elaborate. Much like Sonic Generations, have Kirby's oldest and newest self team up and march through levels across Kirby series history.

Old Kirby would be from Kirby's Dream Land, only being capable of Inhaling and Spitting, while New Kirby would have his entire set of attacks and be able to copy abilities.

Of course, bring back some old, forgotten bosses, and you'd have the perfect anniversary game.

And yes, I'm hoping the KRR gets a bit more active too.

ide
PostPosted: December 13th, 2016, 3:17 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
The forum will never become active, because new members' posts will never be approved.

I doubt anything decent will happen, all of Nintendo franchises have become cash cows.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: December 13th, 2016, 6:37 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: December 14th, 2016, 7:16 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
No, Fire Emblem's not the worst case. 2nd worst, maybe, but that doesn't compare to the one that started this horrible cash cow craze.

Animal Crossing is a shell of it's former self, and shouldn't be considered Animal Crossing anymore.

Anyways, Kirby was probably one of the least affected, but it's still showing.

ide
PostPosted: December 14th, 2016, 9:37 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

So, the Japanese website is up, with a plenty of new artwork:
http://www.kirby.jp/25th/
So, apparently there is going to be an Kirby orchestra concert much like Zelda's Symphony of the Goddesses.
This is a dream coming true! The only bad thing is that it's japan-exclusive (at least, for now).
But they're also going to release a CD with the tracks, so we can listen to the concert when it releases.
There's also some events like "Kirby's Sweet Party" and "Pupupu Train", both are Japan-exclusive too and I don't really know what are they.
Well, maybe we'll get a special game like Kirby's Dream Collection eventually, but the Kirby Orchestrated Concert is really exciting for me. :D

ide
PostPosted: December 14th, 2016, 11:12 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

We all know everything will be Japan exclusive, Kirby is way more popular there.

ide
PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 10:31 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

I'M M E G A EXCITED FOR KIRBYS 25th ANIVERSERY!!

... Anyways I'm hoping that we get more merchandise ( plushies) of characters other than Kirby!

Last edited by MarxTrash on December 19th, 2016, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ide
PostPosted: December 19th, 2016, 12:51 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Did I mention that I hate Marx fanboys? (^_^)

Also, I once had a huge hoarding problem with stuffed animals, please don't end up like me.

ide
PostPosted: December 19th, 2016, 10:42 am 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

ide
PostPosted: December 19th, 2016, 11:19 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

That's not even all I have. I have another idea for an anniversary game I've yet to really flesh out. However, I feel that it is too long to just post here. Give it a day and I'll have something up in the Saffron Sandbox.

ide
PostPosted: December 19th, 2016, 11:22 am 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Hantho, you are fantastic at coming up with ideas! I can't wait!

ide
PostPosted: December 19th, 2016, 1:24 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

ide
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 2:20 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Looks like we found the definite answer to the universe's end, my friends! The Big Succ has begun!

ide
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 4:38 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Oh no, the big suck. Nintendo's going to be even worse. And they have.

ide
PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 12:48 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
I'm so excited for Kirby's 25th anniversary.

ide
PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 10:44 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Me too, I wonder what else they'll come up with besides what we already know.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 10:07 am 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Me too! I hope Nintendo will make a special 3DS theme starring everyone from past games!

ide
PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 4:01 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot

(Hello? Anyone still lurking in these ancient ruins?)

ide
PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 4:15 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Nice. I think they're just mangas.
I doubt they will be released outside Japan.