[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Some Kirby's Dreamland 3 tricks and funny stuff - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 8th, 2020, 7:59 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
PostPosted: November 28th, 2016, 9:44 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
I spent about a week to make this video, and I did it to show what you can do in Kirby's Dreamlad 3 if you experiment a bit.

ide
PostPosted: November 29th, 2016, 6:16 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I didn't watch the whole thing , but this is pretty good.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: November 29th, 2016, 7:51 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Thank you!
The video is pretty long, I know... anyway the most important scene starts at 8:00 and ends at 8:30 more or less... and the final scene also, at 13:00.

ide
PostPosted: November 29th, 2016, 9:16 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
I liked it quite a bit, but I have one issue. Some clips were just normal runs through a section. (Looking at you, anything with Shotzos. ) I expect unique or funny clips in a video like this!

Other than that, though, it was perfect. Nice choice of music from across the series (I don't recognize a few, but I feel like they've been in a Kirby game and I just forgot which one), some jokes sprinkled in, (Chuchu the bounty hunter? ) and plenty of cool ideas shown. (Cling to Wispy Woods' leafs and score free hits, Nago infinite jump glitch, Pitch being a bodyguard for Kirby in an auto movement zone, Stars move as fast as Kirby dashing in a headwind, Kine not taking damage during Stone for some reason, Coo's Stone taking out Ado without any effort, perfect play Stone run, and the list goes on.)

This should be on the main site. It was really high quality, and it beats having months of nothingness.

ide
PostPosted: November 29th, 2016, 10:29 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Thank you for the feedback!
I should have optimized the video a bit, I know... I don't make videos very often and I don't have much experience.
Anyway, the 2 desert level with the shotzo sections are harder than how they look (I mean, to do a no damage run)... the final part of the first one is very hard, and it's even harder if you do it without sliding (using Parasol), the second one (I'm almost sure it was the end of the black pyramid level) is even harder, and if you just mess up the timing a bit you are going to be hit (in that part I got very close to being hit a couple of times).
The third one with chuchu is not that great, I considered to remove that part from the video but at the end I kept it for some reason.
The Kine part at the beginning in the ice level, where I stomp some flying enemies with stone, is another part that I considered to remove as it doesn't show anything special.
All of the gameplay is made without cheating in any way (aside of savestate in order to replay the section if I did it wrong), and they are not perfect, there are little errors here and there.

Another thing, I recorded some regular parts of levels just because they were fast, and since there are some people who trash Kirby's Dreamland 3 because, they say, it's the slowest Kirby game, I wanted to show that if you play it correctly, it's instead very fast.

ide
PostPosted: November 29th, 2016, 10:57 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I liked that one too, even though I felt it was rather long. That video showed me a couple of things that I didn't really know about.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: November 30th, 2016, 8:05 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

ide
PostPosted: November 30th, 2016, 12:35 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

One level is the first level of Sand Canyon (the one with the mushrooms), about half level.
The other one is the final part of the black pyramid level, the one with ROB, still Sand Canyon.

BTW it's not really the slowest, Dreamland 2, Kirby 64, the modern games (Returns to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe and Robobot) and even Superstar (unless you spam dash attacks/jet/ride a wheelie or you are playing Gourmet Race/Metaknightmare) are slower.
Anyway, there are moments (like swimming through currents using Kine) where Dreamland 3 is probably the fastest game, but that's just in some specific places.

ide
PostPosted: November 30th, 2016, 6:30 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

I should probably rephrase that.

Dream Land 3 felt slower to me because it was more punishing compared to games like Triple Deluxe. In Triple Deluxe and other similar games, Kirby has a ton of options to remove himself from harmful situations, like attacks that give invincibility, and guarding. And if either of those don't work, Kirby has a large HP bar, so the damage doesn't feel like it matters as much. On top of that, attacks don't have to be precise because they are very wide, and if your attack can't hit for any reason, each ability has multiple attacks so there probably is an option available. Hence, the element of risk is small, so I am reckless in my play, dashing through entire sections.

In time attack modes like Dedede Tour, that element of risk is increased because dying sets you back as whole room, food is scarce, and smashers, 3D traps, and attacks eat tons of time. So I still play recklessly, more than in the normal game, but don't play as nearly recklessly, even when compared to the normal game, when near smashers, 3D traps, enemies with 3D attacks, and when my health is low.

Dream Land 3, on the other hand, does not have any of these things. If I get into a hazardous situation, I'm taking damage, the health bar isn't as generous, so I have to be careful, and my attacks are harder to hit with and I don't get other attacks to make up for that. Thus, the element of risk is higher than in Triple Deluxe and the like, and I don't play as recklessly.

This is what causes the misconception of Dream Land 3 being slower, some people (like me) play more carefully when faced with the higher element of risk, and that manifests itself as playing slower. In fact, from my memory, when forced to move by currents and winds in the two types of games, here's what I do:

Triple Deluxe: Ride with the wind, using it to go even faster than normal. Sure, I might take some hits, but those are only speed bumps.

Dream Land 3: Try to go as slow as I can to reduce the chance I hit something, because that matters.

And the result of all this is the disconnect between you and me on how fast Dream Land 3 is. You probably know the game better than I do, judging from the video, but that's how I feel on the topic of speed.

ide
PostPosted: December 1st, 2016, 1:41 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

I like very much what you said, I agree with you, and I also sometimes play it that way in order to take less damage, especially when I have an unsuitable ability and I don't want to change it (because maybe there is a section where it is very useful later).

Anyway, those people I was refering to, are haters, they say the game sucks because it's slow and has bad controls, and it's so slow that's uninspiring and boring. They are not refering to the difficulty level and to the risk, they simply say that's boring and uninteresting.
Probably those people don't know that you can dash if you double tap the direction; Dreamland 3 is pretty slow if you don't dash.
It's not much frequent to read people hating this game, they are not that noisy, but there is a part of the fanbase who hates or simply dislikes Dreamland 3, and they come out occasionally... I can see why some people may not like the game, but I don't like when people trash it (and give it a bad reputation) using fake arguments. It happend more than a couple of times that I had to fight with someone about this matter... I already made another video (I haven't uploaded it yet) where I compare Dreamland 3 and Superstar's running speed and they appear to be exactly the same, with the difference that Dreamland 3 uses smaller units and if you scale the speed the result would be that Dreamland 3 is faster, about 1.6 times as fast as Superstar (I'm talking of actual speed and not about how it feel), so that if in the future I will find another person hating the game using that argument, I will link that video to show the truth.

About what you said, it's definitely true, though I don't see that as slow, but as challenging.
If you go slow but you still have little time to react to an hazard, even if you are moving slowly, you must react in a certain time and if you don't you will be punished, so you can't distract, you can't get bored (an example of this is the underwater gameplay, underwater DL3 is very slow (unless you use Kine), but the bubbles require a great precision in order to hit, so even if it's slow it still keeps the player involved enough to be a challenge).
It's like, for example, Dark Souls (yes, I'm comparing Kirby to Dark Souls), your character moves slowly, the attacks have a lot of lag, you must be precise and every error is punished; even if the gameplay is slow enough, it can't be boring, since you must constantly watch out the environment to prevent surprise attacks, traps and so on; you are constantly in a situation of danger.
This can be applied to other games, like FPSs, when you procede slowly, hiding yourself behind walls and looking around before entering in a new room, because if you enter careless, the opponents will kill you... or even worse, in stealth games, when you must hide yourself and stay in place until you find an open.

And yes, Dreamland 3 is probably the hardest Kirby game to master, even though it has simple movesets, it's a lot more like Smash Bros than any other Kirby game, because each attack has a delay and an endlag, and a precise hitbox; it reqires you to be precise, manage the space and the time frames, you can't play careless.
To be honest, this is the reason why it's my favorite game, and while I like the modern Kirby games, I think I feel less motivated to play them since the movesets of the abilities are so overpowered and there are all those invincibility frames; they miss the challenging aspect (I spent countless hours on Triple Deluxe and I love it, don't get me wrong).
Even if the true arenas are hard, I still feel like exploiting the invincibility frames of the dash attacks is not as fun as dealing precise attacks with precise timing and spacing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable