[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Waddle Dee Only Challenge - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 30th, 2020, 3:57 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
PostPosted: October 27th, 2016, 12:35 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
A challenge for anyone who got bored of this game, I guess.

A somewhat long time ago on the now non-existant Meta Naito forums(R.I.P.), I posted a thread about what I call the "Waddle Dee Only Challenge".

Basically, the challenge is to finish a stage without controling Kirby, but rather one or more Waddle Dees, carrying Kirby to the goal. This makes the game feel more like an average platformer, as well as possibly more like Canvas Curse(someone on Meta Naito once said Rainbow Curse felt like Mass Attack due to having Kirby to hit blocks and whatnot, rather than taping blocks like in Canvas Curse).

If you wish to participate, here are the rules.

What you're allowed to do:
Control Waddle Dees(Jumps, Spear Attacks, Charged Attacks, Carrying Kirby, Throwing Kirby, etc.)

Please note you may use more than one Waddle Dee, or get a friend or family member to control another Waddle Dee with you. The more Waddle Dees you have, the more stages you can complete. I hope you have three Wii Remotes!

What you're NOT allowed to do:
Draw Rainbow Ropes
Control Kirby

Basically, don't do anything on the Wii U gamepad, ever. Period.

The only exceptions are when:
You're navigating through a menu, like selecting a stage to play
You are going through a tutorial(this only happens in the first stage and the transformation introduction stages)

I started doing this shortly after I bought the game, and after a long hiatus, I started doing this again out of boredom. I have learned a lot about Waddle Dee's controls over the past few days.

1-1 and 3-1 are decent stages for practicing if you are beginner.

I recommend you start a new file, separate from your other file, for this challenge, and only use it for the challenge.

I'll provide a full list of stages I have completed later on.

Good luck!

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: October 27th, 2016, 7:25 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Ooooh, alternative rulesets. I love those! I will note that 5-2, 6-1,7-3 are all impossible since they use gondolas.

ide
PostPosted: October 27th, 2016, 8:30 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Plus anything with waterfalls. And black marbles.

ide
PostPosted: October 27th, 2016, 4:08 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

A list of stages I've completed:

1-1
Medal: Gold
Treasure Chests Collected: All

1-2

1-Boss

2-2
Medal: Bronze
Treasure Chests Collected: 1st, 4th

3-1
Treasure Chests Collected: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th

3-2
Treasure Chests Collected: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3-Boss

4-Boss

5-Boss

6-3
Treasure Chests Collected: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

6-Boss

7-2
Medal: Silver

These are all of the stages you can complete for this challenge, except for potentially 4-1 and 4-2, but I have not completed them due to their difficulty.

I hope you get past all of these stages like I did, and good luck!

ide
PostPosted: October 27th, 2016, 4:57 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
This sounds really fun, I might try it myself!

ide
PostPosted: October 27th, 2016, 6:49 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Trust me, it is.

By the way, if you get stuck, just die four times and you'll be allowed to skip the stage.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable