[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Kirby: Planet Robobot - Page 7 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 8th, 2020, 7:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
ide
PostPosted: June 12th, 2016, 6:40 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
I got myself the Kirby series Kirby amiibo (the one with Kirby on a warp star).

ide
PostPosted: June 13th, 2016, 3:24 pm 
Water Drop Female
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
I did it, I didn't spoiler you guys! And no, I was too busy to mirror the heck out of the True Arena so far. (stuck at 98% for a month due to lack of free time~)
Currently, I am drawing a picture of the final boss' first form together with Zero Two because their designs harmony so well. It won't disappoint once you see it.

Summon me when all of you have completed the game and hunger for some literal translations from the Japanese versions.

ide
PostPosted: June 13th, 2016, 3:39 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
I was actually quite surprised when I first saw the 100% video. Very different but refreshing...at least it's not another Kirby Master video!

ide
PostPosted: June 14th, 2016, 8:50 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
I've noticed in one of the ex stages. one of the rooms contains halberd music. With an nearly identical layout to the room that starts the last chapter in revenge of metaknight

Has anyone else found any level references?

ide
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2016, 7:39 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I got the game.
I'm loving it, so far.
The new abilites are great and the Robobot Armor is a excellent addition to the game.
The minigames are also marvelous. (And very nostalgic)
I'm in world 2 right now. I'll write more about my opinion in the game later. :D

Kirby fans are still alive and aware, but the community can't die.
Let's make this place the #1 Kirby site on the internet again!
Let's revive KRR and all of it's features.
The fans want it, the users want it, and even the OPHnK subbing team is back.
Let's make Rainbow Resort great again, as it was in the early and mid 2000's.
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!!!

ide
PostPosted: June 24th, 2016, 7:39 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

"Kirby is the round, pink life-form from Planet Popstar who possesses infinite power and can inhale enemies to copy their abilities."
-pause screen description

its official. HAL has declared kirby as a god-mode mary sue. :shock:

ide
PostPosted: June 24th, 2016, 8:13 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot

ide
PostPosted: June 26th, 2016, 3:47 am 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

I think that this just might be the best Kirby game since Super Star.

I love how it ties so many of the games together.

Also I have the Haltmann theme stuck in my head.

ide
PostPosted: June 26th, 2016, 12:59 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

ide
PostPosted: June 27th, 2016, 4:02 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
It's also the most fanservice-packed game so far, even beating out Dream Collection.

ide
PostPosted: June 29th, 2016, 5:22 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

I love literally everything about Robobot! Especially the references to older games (The fact it used a lot from Air Ride really made me happy since by far Air Ride and Robobot are my faves). The story was really amazing! It wasn't too hard, especially with the amiibos that give you a powerup and a maximum tomato whenever you use them (so having all of them made the true arena pretty easy)... but it certainly was incredibly fun!

Signature by KirbStomp!

ide
PostPosted: June 30th, 2016, 1:02 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

The japanese website was updated again:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/at3a/special/index.html
This time it shows some concept art for Acess Ark and Susie (don't worry, there are no spoilers in there).
Looks like there is some nice info too.
If only someone could translate it. :/

Edit:
So,I beat the game 100%.
One of the best Kirby games we got on a long time.
Pretty hard choice between this one and Triple Deluxe.
This game is packed with content and a lot of fan-service.
The soundtrack is pretty good too.
Not as good as Triple Deluxe's in my opinion, but still great.
The new remixes are fantastic and the Haltmann Works theme is stuck on my head. XD
The only "flaw" in this game is that a lot of content was reused directly from Triple Deluxe.
Yes, Triple Deluxe reused a lot of stuff from Returns to Dream Land, but Planet Robobot reused way more content.
(especially the mini-bosses and the entirety of Team Kirby Clash).
The removal of the Wing ability was sad, but just seeing Mirror, Jet, Smash Bros. and UFO returning is more than worth it.
The Robobot Armor was really well implemented and it's one of the best "gimmicks" used in the series in a long time.
In the end, I'm in love with this game!
The guys at HAL really outdid themselves.

ide
PostPosted: July 18th, 2016, 10:39 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

So I'm wondering what the "Speed Burst" from the Wheel Robobot mode is. When I first saw this move, I assumed that it would release extra power to reach higher speeds and accelerate quicker, just like nitrous, afterburners, or WEP. Instead, I would jump when pressing B and A. I'd like to ask if anyone has the Japanese version of the game and provide a literal translation of the Japanese name of the Speed Burst. Some say that it was a mistranslation or an unused move. Thanks to anyone who can do this in advance.

ide
PostPosted: July 19th, 2016, 12:08 am 
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA Male
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
I just finished playing through Planet Robobot and it was freaking awesome. It's... not quite as long as it deserves to be, but what is there is absolutely incredible. The levels are creative, the bosses are epic (I especially like the boss fight in the fifth zone, and the twist that happens mid-battle), and the music is as fantastic as ever.

Besides, they brought back Meta Knightmare. That in itself makes it a worthy purchase.

ide
PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 3:11 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Nintendo of Japan released a new TV commercial for Kirby: Planet Robobot. The intro is among the cutest of any Kirby commercials ever!

ide
PostPosted: July 24th, 2016, 1:29 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
I'm not happy if I don't torture myself with impossible challenges in Kirby games.
During the last month, I managed to beat the of this game using only one move of some abilities.
First, using Fire and that rolling move (attack+down while midair - wall climbing allowed), and it was not that hard but there were some difficulty spikes here and there; then, Doctor and the potion-making move (attack+down)... it was already very hard but there were tons of invincibility frames and huge damage and hitboxes so it was kinda fair (and I loved the option of exploding to attack faster when required).
The last challenge was insane, I'm trying it by some weeks, but I did it yesterday!
Poison, attack+up only! (the move only works while on ground).
You basically have NO invincibility frames and the move is very laggy and slow, and the damage it deals is not that much, but it has a wide range.
The were the evil, and is also a problem.
against I had to rely on a safe spot that's on the top of the screen and attack only when there was an open, and even this way, it was very likely to be hit multiple times and lose a lot of health.
I also learned how to dodge the , not the . You know, with no invincibility frames, and also no guard/dodge move, just using the slide because it's not Smash Bros :cool:
Every attempt was about 40 minutes long (but almost always I stopped after 10/15 minutes, , because it was clear that I had no chances), and the successful attempt was about 35 minutes long.
I suggest you to not try :101grin:
I would say that this game relies too much on invincibility frames, that it becomes almost unplayable if you don't abuse of them; the Smash-like dodge move was introduced in Triple Deluxe but it wasn't required there, there was always a way to dodge the attacks without using it, even without using the slide; in Planet Robobot there are attacks that are almost impossible to dodge, like ; they needed to add a safe zone at the top of the screen in the battle because it simply becomes too cheap when the start jumping and running in random directions; while floating in that area, you literally see , that looks really awkward.

By the way I did some of those challenges in Triple Deluxe too, and I found extremely challenging and fun the Needle challenge. I used all the moveset of Needle (since all the moves are kinda similar, and I used the charged attack to kill some bosses a bit faster, mainly Kracko in its first phase), but I decided to mostly use the up and down attacks, down especially.
Needle has some invincibility frames, but very short, and while it does constant damage, the biggest damage comes from the first frames when you activate the attack, so it's a lot better to spam the attack instead of staying into the spiked form and wait.
Down attack works as a second jump also, which is very cool for both boss fighting and levels; I think that Needle is a very underrated ability in the modern games (it had that wheel like move in KRTD also...).
But this is off topic since the ability is not in PR :hide:

ide
PostPosted: July 29th, 2016, 2:44 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: July 29th, 2016, 3:33 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Woah! Some of these look very nice!
Now I wished they used some of them in the final game. XD

Edit: Also, it looks like a DEMO of the game was released in the 3DS eShop today.
Kinda weird since the game is already out worldwide.
I couldn't find any videos of it, but I heard it's just stage 1-1 and 1-2 with some minor modifications (if any, at all).
Either way, I could be wrong, since I didn't properly checked it yet.

ide
PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 10:19 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 3:54 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

The 6th UPDATE on the "making of" section of the japanese site is up:
It shows some concept art for the final bosses so be warned: THERE ARE A LOT OF SPOILERS!

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/at3a/special/index.html

Here we can see early concept art for and .
After that we see some concept art for something that I can't quite figure out what is it.
Maybe it's an early version of ? Maybe it's an unused boss altogether?
If someone knows Japanese and can figure out what it says, I would be thankful.
After that we see more concept art, but this time, for .
From what it looks like, I guess

As usual, if someone can translate these, it would be awesome. :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next