[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Kirby: Planet Robobot - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 8th, 2020, 4:42 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
 Post subject: Kirby: Planet Robobot
PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 5:48 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I know this site is dead but I don't care.

Anyways, as you have probably heard, a new Kirby game is releasing for the 3DS soon.

Feel free to discuss it here. :metadance:

ide
PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 9:27 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Yeah, I've heard about it. Kirby looks really great in a mech.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 9:30 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
So far, it is the most interesting first impression for a new Kirby game.

ide
PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 8:23 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

I have mixed opinions on the game. *sorry for the big post*
I like the new abilities and the slighty more dynamic camera angles, and I like the mech, as it feels like the animals from the Dark Matter trilogy but with a couple of twists; but I also have some concerns about - the mechanical theme being overused (I mean that most levels of the game could feel the same, we already seen from the world map that there are 2 city worlds, for example... I know that one will be a small town and the other will probably be a big futuristic city and maybe at night, but what I fear is that this game could be missing of that element of games like Kirby 64 where each individual level had a unique feel and art style), the game being too easy/not fixing the broken difficulty (in the easy way) of Triple Deluxe (pretty much the only flaw of the game) and the fact that the whole game is a revamped version of Triple Deluxe, everything is very similar including the end-level minigame and the levels' structure.

So, overall it will be a very good game and I'm already planning to get it at day one, I have no doubts on this, but I fear that Triple Deluxe will remain above Robobot in my favorite's chart (Kirby Fighters has some influence on this)... but the game is not out yet and there are little informations actually, so it's possible that the game will surprise me for the better, I'm just stating my early and temporary opinion now, based on the few informations I have.

And I'm full of hopes for the future... in Italy there is a site called NintendOn;
this page - http://www.nintendon.it/speskullations- ... acco-95596 -
is about a Nintendo insider who also worked for the site and he is going to leave, so this is his last video.
In the video he replies to fans' questions, and there is a question about "what's HAL Laboratory doing? Are they developping something?"
The insider replied that yes, they are working on something, but he can't add any futher information.
He also says, replying to a previous question, that Nintendo is planning something for the mobile market, something that can't be called "games", but it's something involving the biggest IPs of Nintnedo, and he mentions "Mario, Kirby, Yoshi" stating that now Kirby is one of the top IPs for Nintendo (said by someone who works in Nintendo of Europe is very strange, since we haven't even recived the Dream Collection).
This is very vague but could be an hint at something, maybe that Robobot is not the only Kirby game we're getting soon (something for WiiU, maybe?), or maybe it's just meaningless, every team is always working on something, that's obvious... but even in this case, I'm happy about Nintendo investing in Kirby as a top IP even in Europe (Kirby Planet Robobot will be released the same day as the USA version in Europe, this already is a big victory for European fans).

I wish a good future for the Kirby franchise and if the cool sonic/megaman like mood of this game is useful to attract more fans and to make the series more popular, I appreciate this and I hope it will be a success.

ide
PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 9:34 am 
Waddle Doo Male
Waddle Doo

From what I understand, Kirby was originally supposed to ride in machines in DL2 (a Tank, and I'm guessing from Rainbow Curse a Submarine and a Rocket), but the feeling was that animals fit more with Kirby's theme, so they were dropped for Animal Friends instead.

I think it is kinda cool that idea gets to come back, and it gets to come back for the exact reason it was dropped: mechs don't mix with Kirby. Instead, Kirby is fighting against the sharp, edgy, metal invaders.

I'm sure the levels will be plenty different from one another. I bet the main thing that will set them apart is the increasing amount of mechanization that has already occurred from the first stages to the later ones. I'm not much one for speculating, tho'. I'll just be happy when it comes out. (Also, I really need to get me a 3DS so I can even play it.)

ide
PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 11:20 pm 
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA Male
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
I'm just hoping that the new gimmick has actual replay value to it. The last two traditional-style Kirby games had those showy mega powerups that were cool on the first run, but lost their "oomph" the second time you played the stage.

But still, KIRBY IN A MECHA. That should be fun.

ide
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2016, 2:35 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2016, 4:11 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mirror is back? awesome!

ide
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2016, 4:37 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Wow, nice to see some old users reuniting for the new Kirby game.

I'm so hyped for Mirror's return. June 10th isn't very far away. Not hyped for ESP though, I'm not a fan of MOTHER.

ide
PostPosted: April 5th, 2016, 12:43 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Admittedly blowing stuff up with the Super Abilities did get kind of old after a while, but Hypernova had some very clever puzzles built around it and I was always happy to see the Hypernova fruit appear in a level, barring the final world which was literally just the same puzzles in the exact same rooms repeated.

Planet Robobot won me over with its very first trailer. Kirby hopping into a MegaMan X-style mech suit, which can also use copy abilities? Sign me up! I'm not particularly worried about the settings in the game since Kirby games have always had interesting and beautifully rendered scenery, and since this is probably going to be one of the 3DS's last big games they're surely going to squeeze out as much performance as they can without strictly limiting themselves to the New 3DS hardware. The fact that robotic invaders don't mesh well with Kirby immediately sets it apart from its predecessors, so at the very least it'll be remembered as "the one where robots have taken over the world!"

The minigames look awesome, too. I've always wanted an official "Kirby RPG" game (bonus points for being an action RPG), and also a Kirby game where he can move in 3D space. Planet Robobot has both of those concepts in its minigames, and if they turn out to be compelling games, just imagine if they were to get their own enhanced standalone releases.

ide
PostPosted: April 5th, 2016, 10:33 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I was a little sour on first impression, but after I thinking it over I really like the direction this game is going in. The mech idea is great, however, I'm concerned it'll be limited on a level-by-level basis as the super abilities/hypernova were...

That said, it does look very involved gameplay-wise while still feeling powerful and simple to use, so I'm excited to try it out. It clashes with the general art style but I think that's what makes the ideas here work. And those new amiibo look pretty cool too~

ide
PostPosted: April 6th, 2016, 10:59 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

I don't own a New 3DS or the Amiibo adapter and I'm... kind of... broke... so I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to use the UFO ability or the Smash Bros. ability, but it's nice for the people who do have access to them.

After watching GameXplain's analysis video earlier today I'm even more hyped for the game since it's clearly going to be jam-packed with things to do! And I'm calling it now, I'm 99.57% sure that Suzie's going to end up betraying Kirby at some point in the game. I'm kind of hoping that she doesn't just to mess with expectations, but given her background, her purpose in the story and Kirby's past experience with being stabbed in the back (not literally!), everything seems to be pointing in that direction.

Although now that I think about it, maybe it would be Kirby himself who does the betrayal instead since Suzie is affiliated with the invaders...?

ide
PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 12:15 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Make sure to wait for the Kirby series Amiibo to release in your region. It will be a cheaper, more logical option than imports. The price for shipping them from Japan is plain ridiculous. More than $20/item to import.

I wonder if there are multiple "Susie's". One of the Japanese Famitsu scans seemed to have a duplicate of it. It could have some kind of mistake, an implied ability for Susie to make clones, or that Haltmann standardized production these.

The Kirby series Amiibo were also promoted at two conventions: Wondercon 2016 and FACTS 2016 Spring Edition. Twitter user "PAULFIERCE" was among the first to take photos of it in real life. Amiibo News put up two pictures shortly after.

From what I've seen, it seems that Haltmann is possibly the most organized opponent in the series. Also, they are second to none in leaving their artifacts completely intact on Shiver Star. That boss called "HR-E" and "HR-H" is probably linked to them since they start with the letter "H". It may be even possible that they owned the Egg Engines factory at Halacandra because HR-D3 was located there. It is also very human-sounding (and German sounding). I also planned to formulate a theory of its origins in Nazi Germany, connections between the Kirby universe, Earth (Shiver Star), World War II, Wunderwaffe, and conspiracies, but I decided not to go into the details here.

I expect higher reception and sales than Triple Deluxe.

The game introduces or emphasizes new themes and messages while staying true to its roots from the original games.

ide
PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 7:28 am 
Waddle Doo Male
Waddle Doo

ide
PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 2:32 pm 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Actually a bit excited for this one. Triple Deluxe disappointed me with its use of pits in boss fights (huge peeve of mine) and forcing of getting sun stones to progress (i collected them all anyway but I hate stuff like that since it means a lot more of the collectables are "gimmes"), but so far this looks a lot better. Super abilities were boring, supernova was okay but the minibosses with it were just a test of patience, but the mech looks like a different playstyle from both the others and kirby, like the animal friends. The ability lineup looks very solid, and the asthetics are refreshingly different than the past couple games. I'm excited, but I need to curb my expectations a bit to avoid being dissappointed.

ide
PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 2:37 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

From what I've heard the Robit's motivation is purely because they're doing business, and therefore just normal beings only doing what they're told and merely trying to make a living. At first I thought the story would just be, "Oh no, robots are taking over Dreamland! Stop them!" But after hearing that tidbit and hearing that Susie would give her assistance to Kirby in the game, that alone makes the story much more interesting and morally conflicting (not that Kirby's going to outdo Shakespeare anytime soon). Maybe the worker Robits don't necessarily want to do it with their current approach, but their supervisor has other plans, meaning that the boss which they work for is a literal "boss fight." Maybe the final battle would actually end up being a peaceful negotiation instead of a fight, but it's already too late to stop the giant drill thing and it's up to Kirby to put it out of commission, which sets the stage for the FINAL-final level in the vein of Another Dimension and Eternal Dreamland. Who can say for sure at this point?

Susie does have a cool design either way, and I'm always open to characters who have spoken dialogue in Kirby games.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2016, 12:38 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: April 12th, 2016, 10:34 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: April 13th, 2016, 8:39 am 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

I'm a bit disapointed that Poison is more or less of a reskin of Water, an important elemental ability that nintendo has made RtDL exclsive (for no good reason) and decided not to include it in the past to games.

At least it has more things going for it than water like leaving poison puddles and stuff, but I feel like water should've been in this game and poison could be completely different from it.

Really happy about the return of Mirror and Jet abilities though

ide
PostPosted: April 13th, 2016, 1:15 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

This new trailer is incredible!
I'm in love with these FMVs. :drool:
I also spotted Mike and ESP robobot modes at 2:08.
We also got more footage from the japanese website:
https://youtu.be/XqY2vijIWYI
ESP looks pretty nice.
Even, if it's just a little too similar to Ness in Smash Bros. :smile:

(I'm back btw, I hope KRR returns to it's former self)

Kirby fans are still alive and aware, but the community can't die.
Let's make this place the #1 Kirby site on the internet again!
Let's revive KRR and all of it's features.
The fans want it, the users want it, and even the OPHnK subbing team is back.
Let's make Rainbow Resort great again, as it was in the early and mid 2000's.
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!!!