[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land [KGCN/WII LIVES] - Page 31 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 15th, 2020, 12:49 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 614 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31
ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2012, 11:23 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
Most of Fatty Puffer's attacks are telegraphed and easy to see coming. You just need to remember the motions that go with each attack and either position yourself or guard.

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2012, 12:00 am 
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book. Male
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Eh, same with most "hard" Kirby bosses.
Except meta/galacta knight who have actual good predictive AI

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2012, 11:55 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Guarding.. I kind of forgot it existed. Almost never used it. The best way to take on the bosses is to figure out their moves and patterns and work from there. There's usually always a safe spot somewhere too.

ide
PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 11:10 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

just use tornado lol

ide
PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 11:31 pm 
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book. Male
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Canvas Curse
If you want to do it the easy way and not have fun, sure.

ide
PostPosted: July 12th, 2012, 8:26 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Fun is subjective

ide
PostPosted: July 12th, 2012, 8:33 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Aaand don't want any arguments on that here.

Tornado's considerably harder depending how you want to use it in RtDL anyways.

ide
PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 1:35 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Nah, tornado's super easy. If you want a powerful ability that has depth for True Arena, ice is the next best from tornado. Best block, great grab, freezes projectiles for later use, freeze barrier, it's got pretty much everything.

ide
PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 5:41 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
I used Tornado for the True Arena. It makes my life easier. I mastered the use of Tornado. It deals huge damage, while becoming invincible. When done correctly, it leaves no room for bosses to attack you.

ide
PostPosted: July 17th, 2012, 5:07 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

So, I'm starting to try and use all of the abilities in true arena for some more challenge. I'm finding sword to be a lot more playable than I had first considered, and I completed the true arena with Meta Knight.

The main problem the blade has is that it doesn't have a lot of good answers to enemies that move erratically air. Both midair attacks and upward ground attacks available to the Kirby and MK are either unsafe or don't do a whole lot of damage.

I recently found out that if most midair enemies (such as the sphere doomers) are slightly off the ground... say, mid-room height... the blade's neutral first attack can just barely touch the boss's hitbox and inflict more damage than MK's up attack. This makes it good for chipping without forcing the player into air, crashing into a boss's unpredictable movement pattern.

For grounded bosses, it can completely wreck face due to its powerful charge attack. Sword also has good invincibility frames on some of its ground attacks, which makes it good for dodging projectiles or getting past a boss's hitbox. The only problem is that the player is still forced into close combat if he wants to damage the enemy; it can be crucial to try and stay at full health so you have some long-range ammo to tickle a tricky foe with.

ide
PostPosted: July 17th, 2012, 3:00 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Actually the best guard goes to leaf. You're completely invulnerable when using it. The only things it doesn't defend against is Magolor's black hole and getting crushed by the level.

As for Ice's guard, it's the only guard that blocks chip damage.

ide
PostPosted: July 17th, 2012, 7:28 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

True, but you can't get pushed around when you're in the leaf shield, so it's difficult to reposition yourself if some boss's giant hitbox is in your way. Also, leaf has probably the worst damage outputs for True Arena and no grab, so that leaves a lot to be desired. You may as well just learn stone and get the same advantage with more damage dealing ability.

ide
PostPosted: July 17th, 2012, 7:58 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

I shall direct you to these two threads.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=241379

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/935607-k ... d/62673318

Wing is probably the best ability in the game, but it has quite the learning curve. If you can master it, you can pretty much out damage just about any other ability and shred bosses apart.

Guarding in general isn't very important in return to dreamland. Most of the time you're better off just avoiding the bosses and their attacks or taking advantage of invincibility frames that most abilities have.

By the way all the hurtboxes for the characters is the same. So aside from visuals, Dedede's is same size as Kirby. He just has 25% more HP.

ide
PostPosted: July 31st, 2012, 7:12 pm 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 614 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31