[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land [KGCN/WII LIVES] - Page 27 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 15th, 2020, 12:17 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 614 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2931 Next
ide
PostPosted: November 1st, 2011, 7:25 pm 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
I'm up to Dangerous Dinner in EX mode and still not seeing the difficulty spike in the levels. In fact, at one point I plain forgot that I was playing in EX mode until I encountered a mid-boss. While I'm not one of those people who demands that every game ever be hard (honestly I'm laughing right now at all the people who derided Epic Yarn for being too easy while frothing at the mouth in anticipation for this game--which appears to be much easier to complete at 100% than Epic Yarn), but I really do wish they had made the energy spheres more difficult to get. At best all you need is good eyes, good memorization and decent timing; at worse you have to repeat a level because your timing was off, or go through the pocket dimensions again (which is more annoying than hard, since if you die in the pocket dimension you'll just be thrown out by the exit rather than being forced to do the whole level over).

It's still enjoyable as all hell to play, but the hype did it no favors.

ide
PostPosted: November 1st, 2011, 8:54 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
The difficulty is the bosses and midbosses. It's Kirby game, it's still not going to be incredibly hard.

ide
PostPosted: November 1st, 2011, 11:35 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

I beat this game 100% recently and i must say, it comes close to being my favorite! It is defiantly my 2nd favorite kirby game right before SS/SSU. SO MUCH NOSTALGIA!

ide
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2011, 3:55 pm 
Christmas Present #2 Female
Christmas Present #2

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Location: Brazil, in my personal Mallow Castle, right next to Rosalina's Ice World.
I beat the game 100% everything today.

Boy, I love so much the soundtrack... And the game, of course!
This is the game I was expecting since I had found out that there weren't any Kirby games for Wii. I can't deny it's easy,

ide
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2011, 1:16 pm 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

If I didn't have to hold down the A bu tton I'd probably use Leaf in the Arena/EX bosses instead of Stone.

Then again, the only thing Stone doesn't block is the final boss' Marx-wannabe Void of Pain, and it is rather fun to watch stone Kirby just chillin in the middle of the final boss' etch-a-sketch attack like GEOMETRIC SHAPE OF PAIN? WHAT GEOMETRIC SHAPE OF PAIN?

ide
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2011, 2:28 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Abilities with long invincibility frames always made bosses easier. Stone's become almost ridiculous since it's actually got a good working moveset. I love the bro fist.

ide
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2011, 5:40 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

I do have to ask, you said you retagged the music right? So why'd you leave the names as the lvevel number? Unless my program is screwing up and not reading whatever tags you put... I kinda prefer names over stage numbers.

Roasted Rift (Stage 7-3) for instance. I like the song pomegranate pain too, also Windy Waffles. I also love and

These names are found in other versions of the sound track. Particularly the one from ffshrine. Unlike Krr's OST, it seems to have 136 songs. Those songs with alternate renditions that have more instruments or different instruments having the suffix ~forte~ or ~alternate~ The song "Halrberd" is named in this version of the OST.

If I was going to recommend a version, it'd be that one over KRR's, sorry.

ide
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2011, 7:19 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

ide
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2011, 8:03 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

So the names you gave them are the names of the files, huh? I think this time around I prefer the unofficial names, go figure. It's usually a good idea to keep all tracks of an album even if there seems to be some repeats or alternates (unless they're sound effects). Some people are picky about that (I'm not)

ide
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2011, 8:17 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

You prefer the names that exist, that's all.

Those files were named CAVE1, REGG1, SAMBA1, MINE1, etc., which would be confusing if left that way. I just went with whatever was known, which were only the area and boss names. I'll go back and put in the ones that actually have different instruments, but the "forte" ones still seem absolutely pointless to keep.

On that note I would also love to know what the new smaller enemies are named, especially the Ninja and Wing ones.

ide
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2011, 8:23 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

wasn't the name of the tiger enemy in revenge of the kind found using it's file data in KSSU? I forgot what it was called Garbel? maybe it's the same for the return to dreamland enemies. I kind of wish they brought back the info cards from Kirby 64, possibly as random drops from enemies instead of food. Ah well.

Also, people in general prefer to have names instead of generic listings. I've asked a few people what they'd prefer, they said the names as they are, even though they're not official. More memorable that way I guess. *shrug* It's a shame they don't have official names for the songs. Did they ever? (Other than Mass attack) I forget.

ide
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 8:50 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Going by the , Ninja's enemy is apparently Tsukikage (directly translates to Moon Shadow). Wing's is probably Owgulf.

ide
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 8:58 am 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

ide
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 9:18 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

They were brstms converted to mp3. The issue is in tagging and naming those.

ide
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 5:19 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Last edited by GrnFzzTgr on November 4th, 2011, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ide
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 6:30 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

I rather use a wiki that's updated frequently.

It's data directly from the game disk, according to .

Aaand yeah, now that I'm reading it, Owgulf is the Wing enemy.

ide
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 7:29 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

The a nice bit of info they have. Snowl? I guess I killed them too fast.

ide
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 7:37 pm 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

ide
PostPosted: November 5th, 2011, 4:52 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Beat the whole game 100% in both modes, and both Arenas. You get something that's .

The only thing left to do is all Platinum medals in the Challenge Modes, but I just don't feel like doing that. All you actually have to do is beat a room once.

ide
PostPosted: November 5th, 2011, 7:34 pm 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 614 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2931 Next