[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Kirby Mass Attack - Page 9 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 15th, 2020, 1:10 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 12 Next
ide
 Post subject: Re: Kirby Mass Attack
PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 8:09 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
So, Ive been trying to decide if I should buy this. With the exception of "Pilot Wings Resort" (which I regretted) I have never paid more than $19.99 for any single game in my life. So is it worth $29.99?

ide
PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 9:10 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
This game has a lot of offer, and as far as kirby games go, it's pretty challenging too, if you try to get everything that is.

ide
PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 9:06 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Mass Attack is a good game, but if you're being cautious about your money, I'd say there's better games to buy.

ide
PostPosted: September 28th, 2011, 11:44 am 
Water Drop Female
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
I like this game so far. Also, isn't this game the first time we see Kirby losing air underwater?

ide
PostPosted: September 28th, 2011, 9:16 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
This isn't the only time he could lose air underwater; remember Episode 7 of the anime? He tried to hold his breath underwater while hiding from Dyna Blade.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: September 28th, 2011, 9:59 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
anime's a different canon. Doesn't count. All right, time for my two cents.

I was really wanting this game to be great. Hal giving us a touchscreen controlled spinoff? spiritual successor to KCC? God yes please. Unfortunately, KMA is pretty mediocre. Unlike KEY, which felt like (AND WAS! MAMTHEW WAS RIGHT FOREVER!) an original title that had Kirby forced on it, KMA feels like a Kirby game made by someone with less than a feel for the series than - dare I say it - Flagship. Enemy and boss designs ranged from abysmal to mediocre, original music was incredibly whatever, level designs (even the creative ones!) were repetitive, and the game's saving graces were pinball, megaton punch, and a shooter?

Levels were like "here's an easy puzzle. Now do it five more times. Now do it quickly. Oh dear you're being chased by something. Get away from it, now pull it. Here's that puzzle again except you need ten Kirbys. Okay level done but the next one's the same ordeal with a different backdrop." Ugh, what a terrible system. I legit have to put the game down every three levels or so just to make it seem fresh.

Not much to say besides that. Controls mess me up sometimes, poyos are obnoxious, as are all the anime references they keep putting in there, system for dying isn't great. That's about it. can't wait for KRtD to come out. With any luck it'll be better.

DUN DUN DAAAAH

ide
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 12:57 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Last edited by Raphiel on September 29th, 2011, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ide
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 1:01 am 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
It might also just be because blue is a different colour from pink and is highly visible.

ide
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 1:04 am 
a friendly ghost A_mystery
a friendly ghost

ide
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 9:23 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Well, I've been playing it on my 'enhanced' DS (until the PAL release) for a couple of days now and I actually really like it. While the above points hold water I'd have to say that, to me, it's a really nice experience. I have no problem with the anime references and I think the music is pretty catchy. The graphics are nice and the Kirbys have a fair bit of character to them. The mini games are always a bonus and, personally, would love to see the pinball and shooter expanded into full games. We need a new Kirby Pinball anyway and a Twinbee/Parodius/Fantasy Zone style game would be great!

Maybe I'm a sucker for the controls but I loved Yoshi and KCC and I think they fit rather well here too. In emulation I had problems but since playing it on real hardware I've had no hitches at all.

It's a game that could only really be done on the DS and for that I reckon it's worth a buy. Give it a couple of weeks and it'll be $20 on eBay... a fair price if you ask me.

ide
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 9:49 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
(The 3DS can do it too)

Anime canon isn't supposed to be game canon, so it's fine as long as they're just cameos like this, but the poyos are definitely overdone. That hurt Epic Yarn too.

ide
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 10:21 am 
Water Drop Female
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star

ide
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 3:12 pm 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Complete and utter newbie here.

idk, I've enjoyed the game so far (I'm on the last levels of world 4, wondering who thought it'd make perfect sense to progress from a volcano to a graveyard to space). I feel like some of the criticism leveled at this game is more about wanting all Kirby games to follow a strict forumula, what with all this continued talk about "traditional" Kirby gameplay. How many people dislike this game because it's not that well made of a game, and how many people dislike it because it's not more of the same "traditional" gameplay?

Yeah I am a little wary/bitter since this past year has been full of reading people dismissing the new Kirby games without giving them a chance or evaluating them on their own merits, and feeling like I have to be excited about Return to Dreamland because it's a return to traditional gameplay rather than a new game that looks interesting.

ide
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 8:30 pm 
a friendly ghost

Well for me it's definitely because of the fact that it's not well-made or interesting. I never judge a Kirby game based on being "traditional", because some of my favorite ones are very nonstandard (Air Ride, Canvas Curse, Epic Yarn). I think that having the same thing over and over can make a series really boring really fast, and that's part of the reason I don't like Mass Attack-- it's much of the same junk over and over. I feel like by the end of World 1 you've experienced basically all of the content, except World 3 mixes it up a bit.

ide
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 9:22 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

I'm rather enjoying the game, but I do agree on the part of it being repetitive. There also seems to be quite a bit of what feels like fake difficulty regarding puzzles. Regarding enemy designs though, most are just retextures of enemies from previous levels, which isn't to interesting, and is something I generally dislike in videogames. Despite these problem I'm still finding the game fun. World three was fun, and changed things up, but was way too easy compared to t e rest of the game, excluding those two tedius and LONG water levels. I just started the fourth world and I'm taking a break. A lot of the levels feel like they're TOO long to be honest. Funny considering most levels in Kirby games feel a bit short.

ide
PostPosted: September 30th, 2011, 12:51 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot

ide
PostPosted: September 30th, 2011, 11:22 am 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Yeah no I love canvas curse and air ride and star stacker and super star stacker so very much, and I still pick up epic yarn from time to time. This has nothing to do with the gameplay being untraditional. My least favorite Kirby games besides Avalanche are squeak squad, amazing mirror and 64, and those are all traditional. I still really enjoy them though.

Mass Attack manages to be below even them. Still above avalanche though.

DUN DUN DAAAAH

ide
PostPosted: September 30th, 2011, 11:36 am 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... It's getting pretty congested up here though.
Based on the comments I have read here, I'll be passing on Mass Attack like I initially planned, at least for now. If I somehow started to get more money then I know what to do with it, I may get it (although I have other priorities at the moment anyway). But I don't see that happening anytime soon so yeah.

It's not because I dislike spinoff titles. I actually enjoyed the likes of Canvas Curse and Air Ride very much, regarding Kirby. I just don't see the appeal of this particular game or what this game has to offer towards a unique and enjoyable experience.

Recent stuff:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Carnival Phantasm (ep. 8), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Ben-Tou (ep. 9, ulgh...), Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (ep. 5)
Reading: nothing

ide
PostPosted: September 30th, 2011, 2:41 pm 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
While I doo miss my precious Waddle Doos the lack of regular enemies kind of makes sense to me, as the game is not set in Dream Land. Although it's the same planet, so wouldn't it have the same life forms? Hence the "kind of".

Honestly, I am kind of dissapointed in the game? Someone on this website said it's more fun to watch than to play, and that's exactly how I feel. That being said, I still like it a whole lot. There are a handful of levels I'll keep coming back to just for fun, to say nothing of the subgames. Makes me wonder if HAL feels obligated to attach a whole platforming game to subgames rather than releasing a game that's nothing but the varied kind of subgames in Mass Attack and Super Star Ultra.

ide
PostPosted: September 30th, 2011, 4:07 pm 
a friendly ghost

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 12 Next