[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Kirby Mass Attack - Page 12 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 15th, 2020, 12:58 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12
ide
 Post subject: Re: Kirby Mass Attack
PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 12:32 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
66 Gators reference was the best and I'm not sure how many people would ever get it.

ide
PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 12:38 am 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
...I didn't D:

ide
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 10:30 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Yessssss 66 gators made me so happy.

(Basically, Kirby's Pinball Land was originally a different pinball game made by hal called pinball: march of the 66 gators or something similar. It didn't sell too well, so they made it into a Kirby game for it to sell better. The gator enemy that joined the Kirby series later on was a small homage to that game, but seeing 66 of them march across the screen was just the best outright reference ever)

DUN DUN DAAAAH

ide
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 10:35 pm 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I rather liked the Trax reference. The Trax tanks and the dragon tank.

ide
PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 9:52 am 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

So basically Kirby Mass Attack is just one great big reference to everything HAL has done ever.

IT'S PRETTY GREAT.

ide
PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 9:59 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

The sub games are straight up amazing and make it worth buying alone.

Without those, not so much.

ide
PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 1:15 pm 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed the main game itself, I didn't think it was such a good idea to create all these elaborate sub games and then force the player to go through the game first to unlock them. It's like they weren't sure if the sub games and the main game couldn't survive without each other. And, yeah, on their own they're rather short on content, not enough to be released as a game (maybe as DSiWare), but, who knows? Maybe they were considering splitting it into two games but didn't have the man/brainpower to do so, what with the company working on another Kirby game at the same time.

ide
PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 1:52 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Kirby Quest's just a goldmine for HAL references. The title logo's even based off Alcahest's.

I found it cool that they made them unlockables. I actually wish they put them after the checklist unlocks to help make them a bit more rewarding.

My impression was that they had newer staff members work on Mass Attack, while the older dev team was on RtDL, and Mass Attack's team was told to go crazy with the subgames, partly to show what they can do. They had only one programmer on each subgame.

Brawlball, Strato Patrol, and Field Frenzy were done by different guys, while Curtain Call, Dash Course, and Quest were by one programmer, which makes sense since the latter three were pretty simple. Field Frenzy is pretty lackluster compared to the other two though...

I should try comparing the staff credits in KSSU, KCC, KSqSq, KMA, and KRtDL. It'd be interesting.

ide
PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 2:01 pm 
Waddle Doo Female
Waddle Doo

I got pretty addicted to Dash Course, though. When you're waiting for your late bus at four in the morning, there's really nothing better to play without risking epic tired-induced failure.

ide
PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 2:27 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

I like dash course. Never said simple made them bad. Like you said, it's easy to pick up and play when you don't have enough time for anything lengthy.

ide
PostPosted: January 25th, 2012, 8:26 pm 
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book. Male
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Meh, I prefer Kirby Quest but Dash Course is pretty good too

ide
PostPosted: January 25th, 2012, 8:27 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

we never said it was better than Kirby Quest either

ide
PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 3:37 am 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I'd like Kirby Quest more if it weren't so freekin' hard to get gold on each level. That aside though, it's awesome. I also like Strato Patrol, though it was harder to dodge things once you got a bigger line and just the way they controlled was kinda hard to maneuver around projectiles if you ask me.

ide
PostPosted: June 8th, 2012, 4:39 pm 
Puff in Training Female
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
My favorite mini games were Kirby Quest and Strato Patrol.

I do crappy let's plays.

Current LPs: Okami | Super Paper Mario

Complete: Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards | Kirby's Return to Dream Land | Metroid Prime | Metroid Prime 2: Echoes | Super Mario Galaxy | Yoshi's Island (SNES)

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 6:42 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Just curious, has anyone ever gotten the perfect score on the Kirby Quest mini game on all difficulties? Not trying to brag or anything, but I did...after losing my sanity :shakefist:

Other than that, I think that Mass Attack had the most interesting/fun mini games out of all the Kirby games...

This picture is by Ziggy Shadow Dust! I'm not sure if he remembers this...

ide
PostPosted: August 21st, 2012, 1:05 pm 
Water Drop Female
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Air Ride
Right now, I'm getting 10 Kirbies so I can fight the boss of Level 4.

My favorite mini games are Strato Patrol, Kirby Quest, and the Pinball one I can't remember the name of. Pinball = win (:\/)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12