Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently November 26th, 2022, 12:17 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: September 13th, 2022, 10:52 am 
Great Ace A_mystery
Great Ace

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Port of the 2011 Wii game but with a blander logo. Has cartoon-like art style with outlines around the characters. Has a new copy ability (Mecha) and a collection of legacy sub-games. Releases February 24th, 2023. Pre-orders begin today.

Looks like I won’t have to replay the original RtDL because this port is coming. And it’ll presumably be more worth it than Skyward Sword. Probably. Because Wii U ports were the old trend. Wii ports are the hot new thing right now! (R.I.P. Rainbow Curse. Stuck in Wii U purgatory alongside Nintendo Land and Xenoblade Chronicles X.)

(Yes, I’m getting this. Most likely, anyway.)

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: September 13th, 2022, 11:43 am 
Star Herald Male
Star Herald

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Star Allies
Just in case if ppl missed direct or wants to go over the video directly, then here it is

Graphics and design on triple D almost matched the same as Forgotten lands though. i've gotten a closer look at it.

I'm pretty much sold on this game so apparently i don't need to know the whole story and cutscenes of the game since i own the original version. i'm guessing my nephews will get it too.

I believe the file size for the game is 6.0GB for those that are getting it digitally for various reasons such as no ways of getting the game in physical copy regardless of buying the game in physical copy aside from online store sites, can't drive to the nearest store, and/or nearest retail store closed for business (such as gamestop).

Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura

ide
PostPosted: September 13th, 2022, 3:23 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Woooo! My first Kirby game is getting remade! Them using the newer designs is pretty neat. I hope they'll remake a few songs at least.

ide
PostPosted: September 13th, 2022, 7:43 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
This looks like a very promising remake indeed! Not only that, there's even a new Mecha ability plus it looks like old minigames from old Kirby games will be appearing too. Gotta love that moustached Magolor as well!

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2022, 7:07 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Why... I mean, it looks well done and all (logo aside), but why. I don't think that the game needed a remake at all, aside from being unavailable on modern systems (a Wii virtual console on the next console could have solved the problem easily without a remake).
Additionally, it's one of my least favorite Kirby games (if not THE), so I'm not interested in it and I have to wait at least next summer for potential updates on the future of Kirby, this is frustrating.

I'm still waiting for a proper remake of Kirby 64 with redesigned gameplay and the removed content reimplemented, but at this point I'm starting to think that it will never come, they skipped over the Dark Matter trilogy as a whole and seem to have no intention to revisit them.

Unless they put the Dream Friends in and let me play the game as my favorite characters*, I will definitely skip this one.
*including and especially in the minigames, it doesn't feel right that there's a decent collection of minigames from the past and you can only choose between 4 characters (5 because it's obvious that Magolor is unlocked at some point)... for example I can't imagine Bumper Crop Bump from Kirby 64 without Adeleine, that game is so much iconic to her that they even referenced it in a stone statue.

I can totally see them not putting the Dream Friends in (aside of Magolor) because the Dream Friends are Star Allies' selling point and if they do it, they would cannibalize the potential sales of the other game.

ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2022, 9:21 am 
Star Herald Male
Star Herald

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Star Allies
Well Comparing to the switch and wii version changes aside from graphics and design changes, new, and possibly returning abilities. Controls will also be changed (rather than shaking the wii remote).

Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura