[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Making a new Kirby forum thing - Page 5 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently July 14th, 2020, 12:25 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 1:26 pm 
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week. Female
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
He looks like something Nightmare created and then banished because it was too nightmarish even for him

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 1:44 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH Female
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
No it doesn't-

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 3:21 pm 

Modern Kirby fears pre-Super Star classic Kirby.

Also, why does classic Dedede look like a duck

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 3:25 pm 

He kind of looks like a duck, not really tho

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 3:26 pm 

At least he looks like a n o r m a l p e n g u i n now

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2020, 3:30 pm 

Apparently Dedede isn't even canonically a penguin, he's just a type of bird. :/

ide
PostPosted: January 12th, 2020, 12:38 am 

Au contraire, he was actually confirmed to be a penguin once or twice~

ide
PostPosted: January 12th, 2020, 1:07 am 

Where?

ide
PostPosted: January 12th, 2020, 1:21 am 

The anime, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and I think one other place.

ide
PostPosted: January 12th, 2020, 1:24 am 

I saw that he was just a bird, i didn't knoe they actually said he was a penguin
I love Kirby but i no literally nothing abt it.

ide
PostPosted: January 12th, 2020, 1:26 am 

ide
PostPosted: January 12th, 2020, 10:11 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I hate that the Kirby's Adventure Bandai plush became a meme, and made it unlikely that the Kirby community (at least on Reddit) will ever give the pre-anime merch the respect it deserves. Plus I think that plush isn't even that good compared to the other Kirby's Adventure plushes, such as the Takara plushes, the huge promotional Kirby(first ever international Kirby plush as far as I'm aware), or even the smaller Bandai keychain. (I'll get that Takara flying Kirby plush someday...)

The worst part is that "Kirb" is now apparently the name a lot of Kirby fans give to Classic Kirby (mostly the Dream Land and Adventure designs) as a whole, rather than that one specific plush.

If you hate being in a "minority"(aka a small community), just remember that it's worse to have been in a minority that then became a majority, and most of the new people and outsiders are unaware of the greater details and/or spread misinformation, and said misinformation becomes POPULAR. It's something that bothers me so much to the point where I desperately want to correct people every single time it happens. It's one of the most frustrating things.

While Kirby in general was not a minority back in 2013(although I'm sure Star Allies introduced many new fans), the more obscure things were. The booklet that came with Kirby's Dream Collection gave me insight on Kirby's wide history, and I had discovered Nightram's videos documenting some of the classic and anime Kirby plushes. As a result, I knew about the Dream Land 3 plushes, as well as some other old Kirby plush sets, far before PatMac made various videos on the subject. While there's still some stuff the general public won't make into a meme(I doubt they know about the TAC plush that was from a Super Star set), as time goes on they'll likely find out about that too.

It's sad, really. The new community could've rebuilt the society the old community left behind. Kirby Informer could've been a genuinely great website. Instead, the subreddit is mostly filled with the same tired memes, and Kirby Informer failed to be a reliable source of Kirby information like KRR, or heck, even Meta Naito.

tl;dr: I'd much rather have KRR be small like it is now, than have it be huge but a lack of any serious discussion and a severe misinformation problem.

Alright, rant that is a mess and will likely be seen as invalid over.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: January 12th, 2020, 11:37 am 

ide
PostPosted: January 13th, 2020, 6:39 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Yes. There’s a picture in the merchandise section showing a large Kirby holding a star, possibly as a reference to the Takara Adventure plush that also had Kirby holding a star, a medium Kirby, and four smaller plushes: another normal Kirby, beam Kirby(I own this one!), Waddle Dee, and TAC. It’s unknown if this is the full set, as there may be more smaller plushes to go along with the aforementioned four.

The medium Kirby has been mentioned a few times by PatMac, but otherwise the Super Star plushes have gone pretty much undocumented aside from the one KRR picture, even in comparison to other classic Kirby plush sets.

I guess I was one of the few people who knew about the set until now. I would love to get the complete set someday, but I recently spent a large amount of money on a special item (not Kirby related, but you would probably be interested in seeing it), and the beam Kirby I purchased a while back is the only time I’ve seen one of the plushes go up on eBay, so even if I didn’t feel like saving my remaining money, it would take a long time for another one to pop up on eBay, if at all. I have accepted that other than the Takara Adventure plushes which are listed pretty often, classic Kirby merch will appear when the time is right, which is fine by me, because if it appeared all the time I wouldn’t have any money. It seems like this is one of those times, as there’s some decent stuff on eBay at the moment after a long drought of next to nothing.

Oh, I rambled on again. At least it wasn’t a rant this time.

Edit: I recall Nightram owning the Super Star Waddle Dee so that’s another time part of the set was documented, although I believe he mistook it for a Dream Land 2 plush due to the copyright info on the tag.

ide
PostPosted: January 13th, 2020, 12:19 pm 

That's pretty cool! At least there's one Beam Kirby plush. I know there's a Kirby 64 set too that I see frequently on the depths of Ebay, though I haven't bought anything from it yet.
Also, I'd love to see what you bought! ^^

Eh, I don't mind your rambling on anyway, I actually like reading your posts quite a bit.

ide
PostPosted: January 14th, 2020, 4:10 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Yeah, that set of Kirby 64 plushes is tiny and are reversible plushes, meaning you get two plushes in one. That’s the other classic Kirby set that appears to be common on eBay. Strange since any other Kirby 64 plush set (there were at least 5 other sets if I recall correctly) is very rare to find on eBay.

ide
PostPosted: January 14th, 2020, 4:23 pm 

The most interesting thing about that set is that there are plushes of the Power Combos too. Maybe one day I'll get my hands on something from that set.

ide
PostPosted: January 14th, 2020, 4:43 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Well, it was a big focus of the game. It was featured in commercials, had plenty of merchandise, etc..

This was also the first game where Waddle Dee got a large amount of attention. If a piece of Kirby 64 merchandise isn’t Kirby himself, then it’s most likely Waddle Dee. Pretty interesting that this was the game that pushed him into mainstream Kirby territory.