[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Anyone still alive here? - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 7th, 2020, 2:46 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
 Post subject: Anyone still alive here?
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 9:38 am 
Purple Plokin' KRR Admin Female
Purple Plokin' KRR Admin

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
Just wondering <3

Despite it being so quiet, I see a lot of old names and I think it's amazing.

I was thinking about KRR, and I miss working on it.

THANK YOU AMY!!! <3

ide
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 9:47 am 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Well guess what, I miss you! Great to see you here.

It's kind of depressing that this place is pretty much dead, both the site and the forums.
Aside from the five or six of us in the cafe, there's no significant activity here... No activity from staff, barely any members posting, registration was shut down, I assume to stop spam bots.

And honestly I can't think of anything that could revitalize this place other than trying to find staff who actually care... Seems like they stopped caring a while ago.

ide
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 1:58 pm 
Christmas Present #5 Male
Christmas Present #5

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Yeah, things have been kind of dead hereabouts lately, it's a touch sad honestly.

ide
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 2:30 pm 
Graphically minded! A_mystery
Graphically minded!

I'm technically still here!

Yeah, the Cafe and occasionally Pointless Palace are the only real activity spots here now. There's a couple of posts there every week or so. I still visit this site regularly due to nostalgia.

ide
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 6:11 pm 
Violent Saviour Male
Violent Saviour

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
It's more or less as Ryan said. There's a few of us around. Staff activity is more or less limited to Joshi, Disk and myself.

Ah, peaceful crickets.

ide
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 9:40 pm 
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA Male
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA

We could always try reviving the community. I'd be in.

ide
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 4:27 pm 
Violent Saviour Male
Violent Saviour

Well, if we were to do that we'd probably have to embrace an expanded focus. All of Nintendo as opposed to just Kirby. That and there's the spam bot problem...

ide
PostPosted: July 4th, 2013, 10:21 pm 
Christmas Present #5 Male
Christmas Present #5

Yeah, we'd have to rebrand the whole site wouldn't we?
I'm not entirely certain how much effort that'd take, but I'd be all for it as well.

ide
PostPosted: July 5th, 2013, 9:50 am 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

I'm not so sure that the site's spectrum needs to be broadened. Look at Metroid Database, they seem be doing just fine. They hold contests, do collaborations, they support the Metroid community and they're consistent.

KRR hasn't really supported the Kirby community, it's mostly only supported itself, it's also done a damn fine job of driving people away instead of attracting them. I wouldn't say its a welcoming environment, which is something it needs to be.

Look what we do in the cafe, even though we don't have many people writing and posting there, we always welcome new comers with open arms. We were successful enough to convince others to convince their friends to join, just for the role playing. The Cafe has a decent environment, just not enough people with an interest in writing and role playing. Or maybe people do have an interest but they're too intimidated to join for fear of being ridiculed. Either way, I'd say that the fact we managed to attract some people to the cafe is a success. KRR needs to be like that but on a much larger scale.

Make it more inviting, make it more interesting, make it less intimidating. Treat people with respect instead of alienating them. Those are soem good steps to start with, of courses there's a lot more to do than just that if you want to revitalize this place.

KRR needs people who are interested, dedicated and actually give a damn. Obviously some of us are still around since this topic exist and people have already expressed interest. I just wonder if they'd be fit for a staff position, though considering current staff with a few exceptions, the bar has really been lowered.

Yes, you can probably taste the venom, which is why I'm probably not fit. I'm honest, I care, but I hold grudges...

ide
PostPosted: July 6th, 2013, 3:28 am 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
do i count as an 'old name'

ide
PostPosted: July 6th, 2013, 11:47 am 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe

DUN DUN DAAAAH

ide
PostPosted: July 6th, 2013, 2:01 pm 
Violent Saviour Male
Violent Saviour

Ryan, that was really everyone's fault. We were all abrasive at one point or another towards each other. There was so much in-fighting over the years that it's no wonder it's driven people away. We had the site staff who wanted to run things their own way and then two separate groups of forum staff - the majority and a minority - that didn't always get along. People left because of it.

Members noticed it too. There were a number of posts I can recall that highlighted an unfriendly atmosphere in the forums.

The thing is that's the past and it really needs to be let go. Now the only users regularly online, really, are our group of role players along with maybe a handful of others.

As for the spectrum...comparing Kirby to Metroid isn't exactly fair. Kirby games, despite being good, usually fly under the radar. Metroid was completely revitalized by Retro Studios and I feel has always had a larger following, even before Retro took the helm.

Collaborating with the rest of the Kirby community would be great, but I do feel an expanded focus would help things.

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2013, 6:38 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land

ide
PostPosted: July 24th, 2013, 11:40 pm 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
I think the only thing we could really do at this point is to restart from the beginning. Sure transfer information and stuff like that, but actually update every now and then, make the environment more friendly, update really old stuff, and stuff like that.
...Seems unlikely that would happen, though.

ide
PostPosted: July 31st, 2013, 5:28 pm 
Graphically minded! Male
Graphically minded!

I'm still here! I actually still visit this site semi-often, not just because I love the place, but I use it for whatever Kirby information I would need, say, for my artwork. It's really bummed me out to see KRR slowly dying off, though...

I would be more than happy to help resurrect the website if it were to happen. I don't know much about coding or anything, but I could definitely help out with the news and information stuff regarding Kirby! I'd love to be able to contribute some artistic elements as well. I just wanna let known that there's another person who still cares!

ide
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2013, 9:31 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2013, 7:14 am 
Kawarimi! Female
Kawarimi!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Squeak Squad
I'm still alive :D I visit here these forums from time to time.

ide
PostPosted: October 1st, 2013, 10:37 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Since this website shut down registration due to inactivity, perhaps we can start up a new Kirby forum.

We can get people from our friendly "rival" website Brawl in the Family as well (there is some overlapping membership between the two, such as with myself and with Torkirby).

ide
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2013, 11:08 am 
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week. Female
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Aw, man. I haven't really been around because of so much college stuff (I used to have way less of a life than I do now, which is kind of sad considering I'm still a house hermit when I can) but I visit very rarely to just lurk about. I've been kind of depressed that this site isn't all that active anymore to be honest... EDIT: Nevermind. The oekaki works YAY

I used to spend days just scrolling through the art... sigh.

As for reviving the site, I really think we already have a great thing here, and it's just a matter of modship being passed on to active contributors and people that are committed to being around on a consistent basis. (I might offer myself depending on my college schedule/life but I'd prefer not to make the leap right now since I'm not sure if I'll be too busy or not).

KRR is literally my childhood home and I'd love to see it restored to at least being a little more active. ;u;

ide
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2013, 12:06 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Don't forget about me!
I'm still alive too!
I miss KRR so much. ;_;

Kirby fans are still alive and aware, but the community can't die.
Let's make this place the #1 Kirby site on the internet again!
Let's revive KRR and all of it's features.
The fans want it, the users want it, and even the OPHnK subbing team is back.
Let's make Rainbow Resort great again, as it was in the early and mid 2000's.
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!!!