Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently January 20th, 2022, 6:30 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: November 15th, 2021, 3:00 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
(I know this would probably fit better in Post Your Request, but eh.)

Ok, so I was thinking about KRR these past few days… looking through the history of things and all. And I realized something.

I want to do either one of two things.

A. Update and contribute to KRR.
B. If that isn’t possible, then I want to make my own Kirby fansite.

Now, I know that people supposedly ‘don’t care anymore’. (At least, that’s what some people have said.) But guess what? I care. I wouldn’t still be here after five (almost six) years if I didn’t care. And I feel like other people care too, it’s just that they don’t have much of a reason to visit. On your latest post on the main site, people commented on it, saying how they were happy to see the site back after it was broken last year. That shows that people care. That people still love this place. I know that KRR has had some (well, many) rough times, but maybe that can be put behind us. Maybe KRR can still be updated.

You said this a while back:
Quote:
Basic HTML isn't hard, and PHP isn't necessary. That was the point of me automating everything on the backend. As I often mention, Bimblesnaff got his start here curating the splash page. You don't really have to do a lot to do something.
Well, I’m willing to learn. I want to do something. Like come up with ideas for a new Interactive Fandom contest. Or write some interesting Kirby-related articles. Some ideas I have for articles include theories, history of long-time features in Kirby games (such as copy abilities and sub-games), and regional differences in Kirby games. Maybe I could even help with the mailbag or something. Either way, I want to contribute.

I’d love to get in contact with you, Mints. Maybe through email or something. (By the way, does that ‘contact staff’ form at the bottom of the forum home page still work? I’m curious.)

If even then I can’t do anything, then I’d want to learn how to create my own, 2000’s style Kirby fansite. And no, it wouldn’t try to copy or ‘replace’ KRR. It’d be its own thing. But again, I would only try to make it if I wasn’t allowed to help out KRR.

Basically, what I’m saying is, please let me be your apprentice, Mints. There are no other active Kirby fansites currently out there. (Well, Kirby Informer exists, but that just barely counts considering it has barely any content and has a Twitter account with thousands upon thousands of followers that gets far more attention than the actual site.)

I hope you reply back.

Thank you. :beanhappy:

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: November 15th, 2021, 5:05 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
https://youtu.be/PlxWf493en4

Leaving this here because I watched it and found it really helpful. Thinking it could come in handy later.

ide
PostPosted: November 24th, 2021, 11:14 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

im (very) late, but i actually learned html a few years back. its very easy to learn and i could easily look over my old code and relearn it all to help ad well.

ide
PostPosted: November 25th, 2021, 3:03 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Ok, update. I was thinking it over and I feel like it would be better to start my own Kirby site instead. KRR could die for good, for real any day now due to being outdated and the site owners being MIA for a decade at this point.

I also feel like my view points on Kirby and the type of articles I want to make wouldn’t suit the style of KRR very well.
Quote:
im (very) late, but i actually learned html a few years back. its very easy to learn and i could easily look over my old code and relearn it all to help ad well.
I would love it if you helped me make and start up a Kirby fansite. And I mean a REAL site, not one of those crusty GoDaddy pages or whatever.

I don’t know if what I’m doing is any good. I just want to make progress with the Kirby fansite community after five years. The Kirby Club is dead, Meta Naito is dead, KRR is almost dead, and Kirby Informer is a zombie. They say that when you’re not happy with how things are being run at so-and-so, you start your own.

(I’m absolutely horrible at understanding technobabble despite growing up in the age of technology, so I’m surprised that I was able to find that video where, yes, I did mostly clearly understand what the woman was talking about. To an extent, anyway. I’m still awful with technology. lol)

tl;dr: I’ve decided starting up a new Kirby fansite is better. I want/need help so uh, I’m hoping you’ll help me start the website up? Also, in a twist of pure irony (I’m using that term wrong, aren’t I?), I’m garbage at understanding technology.

I want to make progress because I’ve been getting nowhere my entire teenhood. Yes, it’s been that long.

tl;dr again: Please help me.

ide
PostPosted: November 25th, 2021, 9:48 pm 

okay- for starting an entirely new website, that'll be very difficult. i only learned html and not css or php. the best i could do is some simple html and make some site assets but thats really it if we're starting from scratch

ide
PostPosted: November 28th, 2021, 7:25 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

If the project becomes a serious thing I might help too, but for now I can't promise anything... I already have my real life stuff, and all the projects I start end up being abandoned or take ages to finish because of that, so I'm not really sure.

Last time I contributed to the Kirby community was a couple of years ago (?) when I did a few tilesets for a fangame (Dream Crafter).

ide
PostPosted: November 28th, 2021, 4:06 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Quote:
okay- for starting an entirely new website, that'll be very difficult. i only learned html and not css or php. the best i could do is some simple html and make some site assets but thats really it if we're starting from scratch
Oh shoot, you’re right. I did not realize that. Still, starting and maintaining a new Kirby fansite would arguably be easier than updating KRR.

I’m going to try to do more research on this. I want to make my dream a reality.

Also, Iko, if me or Cos make any progress, I’ll be sure to let you know.

(On a side note, even if the fansite does get made, I wouldn’t try to add a forum to it. I don’t see it as necessary. I could try a mailbag-like feature, but that’s not something to think or worry about until a site actually gets running.)

ide
PostPosted: November 28th, 2021, 5:35 pm 

instead of a forum a discord server may work better, granted i'd have to unblock you for that though ( but i assume the stuff that happened with that is in the past anyways )
but once again i can help with some site assets. i'd be happy to do site art.

ide
PostPosted: November 29th, 2021, 5:48 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Quote:
instead of a forum a discord server may work better, granted i'd have to unblock you for that though ( but i assume the stuff that happened with that is in the past anyways )
but once again i can help with some site assets. i'd be happy to do site art.
I don’t want a Discord server either. I’m looking to make the site mainly about the Kirby content rather than a forum or Discord server. (This was the mistake I made with Another Dimension.) I might make a contact form like Meta Naito had back in the day in case anyone wants to reach out about an error on the site or wants to contribute, but again, I don’t see a forum or Discord server as necessary. There are plenty of other forums about Nintendo franchises. Same with Discord servers but to a greater extent. I don’t think the Kirby Informer Discord server exists anymore but it doesn’t really matter.

(I would appreciate you unblocking me though. It’s been soooooo long since we’ve talked.)

I don’t need any art either. I’m wanting to make this a basic html site. Something like 2002 era KRR, or The Mushroom Kingdom, or other similar sites. (Even if I did need art, I could make it myself.)

The main thing I need help with is the technical side of things.

ide
PostPosted: November 29th, 2021, 10:46 pm 

ah, got it, than. that makes some sense. i could do some basic html but it depends on HOW basic you want the site to be. i wouldnt mind learning a bit more to make it less simplistic.

( will do, though if you wanna pm me you do have to add me again )

ide
PostPosted: November 30th, 2021, 6:17 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

I got blocked again. Not sure why but I’m guessing it’s because I talk FAR TOO MUCH.

(Honestly feeling like I’m at rock bottom. Going to go do the KRR Storybook because, surprise, I’ve never done it in my entire seven year history of coming here. This will be the first time.

EDIT: Welp, I lost. And it won’t let me try again. Basically the fate of this site in a nutshell. Poetic in all the wrong ways.)