Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently November 28th, 2022, 6:35 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
 Post subject: Popping in to say hello
PostPosted: February 4th, 2022, 1:51 am 
Puff in Training A_mystery
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land
Hey there,
I just remembered about this place and I thought I'd drop in to say hello. I spent many hours on these forums after school, long ago. I'm listed on the "retired staff," (although I don't recall doing anything as staff, perhaps I was a mod of a forum?) my screen name was sleeepykirby. I recognize some names on there such as dreslimmul, jeff andonuts, mrleo, kirby warrior, bud dud and slash, matio 64, and others. I'm surprised to see new posts and that many things on the site are still functioning.

Last edited by chillysfire on February 4th, 2022, 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ide
PostPosted: February 4th, 2022, 3:14 pm 
Puff in Training

My memory of this place is pretty hazy but I think the current design is a new update that came out after I left. My time here must have been somewhere around 2000-2003? I remember I would visit in between playing zsnes roms on my parents' computer in the attic. I remember sharing personalized, modified sprites with each other, and early memes like "we drink ritalin" and animutations, yatta, my spoon is too big, endlessly updating our signatures and avatars, and constant, constant conversations on the forums. That irreverent, adolescent online humor, still crossing over the border of innocence.

Last edited by chillysfire on February 4th, 2022, 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ide
PostPosted: February 4th, 2022, 3:14 pm 
Puff in Training

It's bittersweet to see it appears as though what I'm sure were countless embarrassing and awkward moments were perhaps mercifully lost to a forum upgrade, as I don't see any posts in the forum search by a user of my name. Another thing that stands out from that time was kindar spirit's somewhat removed, but endlessly gentle and kind disposition. From my perspective something of an unsure maternal figure, unsteadied by the responsibility and attention she had inherited but determined to meet as many as she was able to with warmth, nonetheless. Does anybody else have memories from that time?

ide
PostPosted: February 5th, 2022, 4:03 am 
Great Ace A_mystery
Great Ace

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
I’m younger than your earliest memories of KRR, but since you haven’t gotten anyone welcoming you yet, uh, welcome!

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: February 6th, 2022, 10:45 am 
Violent Saviour Male
Violent Saviour

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Man... Those names bring back some memories. I used to chat with Matio on the regular. Nice to see you around after so many years. I hope everything has been well!

<3 Teal Kirby

ide
PostPosted: February 25th, 2022, 6:17 am 
Puff in Training

Quote:
Man... Those names bring back some memories. I used to chat with Matio on the regular. Nice to see you around after so many years. I hope everything has been well!
Hey dude! My memory of you was that you were a more active contributor than I, mostly I just posted on the forums. I recall, I think, that you made a rpg. Been doing good! Hope the same for you. Whats happened here? is kindar spirit still around??

ide
PostPosted: February 25th, 2022, 6:23 am 
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Sadly, she hasnt been on for years now.

ide
PostPosted: February 25th, 2022, 11:15 am 
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week. Male
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week.

Welcome back! I want to say that I remember you, but I was also a very young one at the time, and knew a lot of people whose name was somethingsomethingkirby at the time, so at this point I'll just say nice to meet you.

About Kindar, I have yet to see her swing by, although I've seen a few posts from her from nearly a decade ago at least. I know times change and people move on, so I sort of chalk it up as a "perhaps she's just out there doing her thing" sorta deal. Maybe she'll swing by at some point? I know this place has had its bumps in the road, but it really seems to me that things have leveled/mellowed out compared to back then, and she might find the current state of things comfy if she took a peek these days.

ide
PostPosted: March 5th, 2022, 3:33 pm 
Violent Saviour Male
Violent Saviour

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Quote:
Quote:

Hey dude! My memory of you was that you were a more active contributor than I, mostly I just posted on the forums. I recall, I think, that you made a rpg. Been doing good! Hope the same for you. Whats happened here? is kindar spirit still around??
I mainly hung around the roleplay forums. I believe you're thinking of D-Fighter though, in regard to making an RPG.

<3 Teal Kirby

ide
PostPosted: March 17th, 2022, 2:29 am 
Puff in Training

Quote:
Welcome back! I want to say that I remember you, but I was also a very young one at the time, and knew a lot of people whose name was somethingsomethingkirby at the time, so at this point I'll just say nice to meet you.

About Kindar, I have yet to see her swing by, although I've seen a few posts from her from nearly a decade ago at least. I know times change and people move on, so I sort of chalk it up as a "perhaps she's just out there doing her thing" sorta deal. Maybe she'll swing by at some point? I know this place has had its bumps in the road, but it really seems to me that things have leveled/mellowed out compared to back then, and she might find the current state of things comfy if she took a peek these days.
Nice to meet you too! Yeah I could understand that. I mean, people move on with their life. And it seemed like there was some bit of bitterness or resentment for it but it's reasonable for people to move on. After all, we were kids and lets be honest much of us had quite a bit of emotional turmoil in our lives, so perhaps now cooler heads can prevail.

Last edited by chillysfire on March 17th, 2022, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ide
PostPosted: March 17th, 2022, 2:31 am 
Puff in Training

Quote:

I mainly hung around the roleplay forums. I believe you're thinking of D-Fighter though, in regard to making an RPG.
I looked it up and looks like I mistook you! I was actually thinking of kirby *warrior*. Incredibly, it looks like he's still at it and came out with an update last year: https://kwrpg.revasser.net/

ide
PostPosted: July 26th, 2022, 11:10 am 
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week. A_mystery
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week.

welcome back! also yea kindar hasn't shown up here since 2011? 2016? all i do know is she apparently pops in here from time to time, all i know is she's working on her appearance in a game? comic? song? idfk, called Tome.

it/its are my main pronoun of choice, please use "it" instead of "they" for me please!