Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently November 18th, 2019, 9:16 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: January 7th, 2016, 5:09 am 
This space for rent Male
This space for rent

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Edit2: Updated date to 2-12-2016 to comply with work schedule and allow extra time for related work.

I'll make this brief.

The following KRR services will be removed from the website on February 1st, 2016.
Forums, Oekaki, possibly Gallery under the assumption that it's as dead as it is here, as, as of this post, I haven't looked at the place in years. If a certain someone is still maintaining the old thing, or at least managing it, lemme know somehow and I'll leave it be.

My reasoning for the upcoming removal? Aside from how dead the site and community has been recently, I myself have become more and more distant to those who kept to whatever attachment they have here, and eventually, even I have to say goodbye. So, in an attempt to finally cut the ties I've spent 13 years attempting to maintain, I'm going to at least remove the more hackable bits of the website where I can. I wanna remove the godawful news system as well, but that may be more trouble than it's worth.

For the immediate part of the problem, I've disabled the email system part of the forums, so we don't get notifications for account related issues anymore.

Once this happens and everything is done, I'm turning in my ftp key, and scrubbing all contact information from the site for myself.

A big old update about plans:
- Forums: A method has been found to convert the forums into a static archive.
- Oekaki: Converting to a static archive via arcane means is probably best at this point.
- Gallery: Needs upgrading or outright tossed. Not sure which at this point.

I'm sorry. For everything. ... and my condolences to The Kirby Club, as I hear they are closing down too.

Edit: To clarify, the ties are to the site specifically. Several friends I've met here know where to get a hold of me. I'm just doing something I should have done a year or two ago, really. As for the artwork on the oekaki, and gallery under the assumption I deal with that, I have no idea what to do with the artwork.

ide
PostPosted: January 7th, 2016, 5:50 pm 
.:DWN-077:. A_mystery
.:DWN-077:.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3

ide
PostPosted: January 7th, 2016, 11:15 pm 
Final Star Female
Final Star

*appears in a flash of hellfire*

Hi Disk.

I understand you wanting to move on but why exactly do things need to be deleted and not just locked/archived? Is it that much of a security risk?

ide
PostPosted: January 8th, 2016, 1:02 am 
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Wow. I've finally registered at KRR, but it's too late.

I hope the making of KRR was worth it.

Diskmaster, I think we could archive the KRR fanart on another Kirby fansite that I know of, called "Meta Naito"(http://metanaito.net/) It was created in 2013, and it's still active. They also have forums (http://forum.metanaito.net/index.php).

ide
PostPosted: January 8th, 2016, 4:48 am 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I believe Ivy may have a point when she just asked that. Do you really wish to delete these services whether or not you know of the possible risk of doing so?

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: January 8th, 2016, 7:54 am 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Hello yes hi.

I am quite distressed about losing the internet message board here on Kirby's Rainbow Resort. (Also I cannot help but point out I saw it coming. I called it. Called it!) I spent an unhealthy amount of some of the most formative years of my life making terrible posts on this forum, so it holds fond memories for me.

Yeah, sure, KRR is dead, and it probably can't be rebuilt. I have not checked on this forum except when someone reminds me that it still exists, and, even then, I'm just checking to see that it's dead (called it!), its existence is still something I hold dear, if entirely for granted. Losing it would result in a permanent Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and while that day will inevitably come, I would like to think that someone else can step up to keep the light on in the lighthouse and put it off for as long as possible.

ide
PostPosted: January 8th, 2016, 8:05 am 
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό

im also sad! i recently made a post on social media giant twitter dot com about krr. it was, and i quote "krr was a weird and fun time with a bunch of ridiculous teen drama but i still love u guys" [source: https://twitter.com/doctornk/status/683782679523770368]

but seriously, it'd be pretty upsetting if the forums were gone forever. i mean, it could /at least/ be archived somewhere?? yeah?? maybe????

ide
PostPosted: January 8th, 2016, 10:23 am 
Bidoof Wrangler Male
Bidoof Wrangler

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
That's fine.
To be honest I never hated this site, but being a kirby dedicated place-I actually really liked it, and well, I guess when I think of 'kirby' this place might always pop again into my mind.
(duhhurr)
It must be troublesome to keep up something that's dead. It's still fine--do what you must.
It's also a place that, when I look into, I truly see back into myself. (and cringe)

With that said, bye, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29q0zFFDnI

ide
PostPosted: January 8th, 2016, 6:02 pm 
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

Cirno wrote:
im also sad! i recently made a post on social media giant twitter dot com about krr. it was, and i quote "krr was a weird and fun time with a bunch of ridiculous teen drama but i still love u guys" [source: https://twitter.com/doctornk/status/683782679523770368]

but seriously, it'd be pretty upsetting if the forums were gone forever. i mean, it could /at least/ be archived somewhere?? yeah?? maybe????

I figured that we could archive all of Kirby's Rainbow Resort's pages via the Wayback Machine.

ide
PostPosted: January 9th, 2016, 1:04 am 
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

I also brought up this on another social media giant, Tumblr:

http://goldmaster11.tumblr.com/post/136 ... topic-site

I am also waiting for an approval to allow the KRR fanart to be archived on Meta Naito.

ide
PostPosted: January 9th, 2016, 1:53 am 
This space for rent Male
This space for rent

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
As for the archival issue, I need to do some research on the proper way to handle that forums side. When I speak of deletion, the database tables will probably be untouched. Just the script files (.php) will be removed.

As for the fanart, I'm not sure yet. Part of the problem with it is metadata (who drew it), and I'm not sure how to transfer that safely, either. This is the sort of thing that made me put a date down like Feb 1st, just to give me time to think on how to do it properly, and all of this is under the assumption that someone else won't step up to the plate that I can trust.

Clarity Edit: For those not in the know, scripts like the forums, oekaki, gallery, and such have two components. The server side php scripts, and the database tables they interact with. Guess where all of your data is stored. :)

ide
PostPosted: January 9th, 2016, 2:33 am 
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

Meta Naito has said that copies of the KRR fanart can be archived on their site.

ide
 Post subject: Closing Time
PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 4:38 pm 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
It is bittersweet for me to see this happening, but it's merely an "official" endorsement of something that's already been the case for years; KRR has not been active in any appreciable way since 2011. Internet forums don't really have as much of a place in the grand scheme of online socialization in today's social media-oversaturated world. Or maybe it's that "traditional" video game franchises don't have as much of a place. Or both, or more. Whatever the explanation, KRR's lifespan was finite from the beginning, as are most. I joined in 2004 and, much like my friend ARREMMDEE, spent a fair amount of my formative pubescent years on here. Any competence I can claim in written communication largely comes from this place, because while I don't think textual communication is the best way to learn to socialize, it's certainly a smashing way to learn to write.

At least our relationships can continue to exist, even if we cannot say the same for the arena that cultivated them. I'm sure we'll all meet again, some sunny day.

I'm graduating from college in six months, you guys!!

ide
PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 8:18 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
This is... a bit disappointing. Lets hope Meta Naito can continue what KRR and TKC didn't finish.

ide
PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 9:57 pm 
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

One last goodbye to KRR. The last active Kirby forum is Meta Naito: http://forum.metanaito.net/index.php. Join if you still want a Kirby forum.

[offtopic]Unfortunately, the fanfic about the last days of TKC and KRR did not get completed. However, at this point, negotiations with Quadriby for conditional surrender have begun to prevent the site's deletion.[/offtopic]

ide
PostPosted: September 6th, 2018, 5:17 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
This thread did NOT age well. TKC was forgotten forever, Meta Naito died a slow and quiet death, and KRR came back, then died after a brief revival, then came back again.

Wonderful. :101grin:

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: September 9th, 2018, 11:06 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Perhaps it's a good sign that even after all this time and the recent inactivity, this place is still kicking.

I hope that, one day, forums will come back into favour and that this place will pick up again. As popular as Reddit and Discord are, I just find them lacking in substance and permanence and don't really enjoy trawling through loads of memes and throw away comments to find any real conversation.

Long live KRR. :)