Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently December 9th, 2019, 5:58 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: May 7th, 2010, 9:16 am 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Hey all! Back in the day we used to have few events that gave regular forum members a chance at a prize. For example a custom rank/title, on the forums, or piece of art made to their request. They were all pretty fun and anybody could join, including staff. We've been discussing bringing them back.

So here's what is what and how things will work.

Prizes are given out as a choice between a custom rank with a rank image, or as a free piece of art drawn at the prize-holder's request. They can only get one! If they want another, they'll have to join another event for the chance.

People are free to apply to be prize artists if they'd like, so far we have.

Amika
Minon

These are the events!
Trivia
Tournaments
Gamer Club

Trivia will be hosted in our chat #rainbowresort by various members from time to time. Those hosting trivia's will make a notice on the forums when they're being held (at least a few days in advance) so everybody knows what to study for and when it's happening.

When a trivia is going on, it takes priority over all other discussions. The host will announce his or her questions into the channel, and then participants will privately send them a message with their answers. Only their first answers will be taken, so answers can not be changed. The way answering is handled is first come, first serve, first one to reply with the correct answer gets it, so you've gotta be quick to draw! Prizes go to the first and second place winners.

Tournaments will also be held by various members. The host of the tournament determines what the rules and conditions are. Like trivia, times and regulations will be made as a forum post by whoever is hosting. Host unfortunately can't play along as competitors. First place, and 2nd place runner ups will be given prizes.

The third event I'd like to mention is one I'll be starting, It'll be like a book club of sorts. We'll select game every two weeks that we'll all try to play together and during that time will discuss.. our experiences, our progress, problems, etc. Games chosen must be a game that is potentially accessible to everybody, and will be decided through polls. So, like a classic game or a ROM. It would be preferred if no cheats, save states, or exploits were used. Unfortunately this isn't worth prizes.

However there may be an option that goes with this called "Challenge Mode." Where a challenge usually considered difficult will be chosen for the game in question, and if completed (Proof must be shown! Either through pictures or videos!) may be worth a prize. I haven't decided yet, because it's really easy to be dishonest.

Other staff may edit or make contributions to this topic. (Actually that would be preferred!)

ide
PostPosted: May 7th, 2010, 7:36 pm 
a friendly ghost A_mystery
a friendly ghost

I'm definitely excited for Trivia! I have around 20 questions written for a Classic Mega Man Series trivia already.

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2010, 2:04 am 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

Nice! When you decide to host the trivia, make a separate topic/announcement about it :3

ide
PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 8:41 am 
F.A.S. Member Male
F.A.S. Member

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Oh how I would love my very own custom rank and title! Sure bearing the FAS insignia is nice but who needs it when I have CUSTOM RANKS?!

I'm really pumped for this. How many event challenges are there going to be, how long will they go for and do you just have to win a single event to get a custom rank and title? Excited...!

ide
PostPosted: May 18th, 2010, 2:20 am 
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!

flame_blade_kirby wrote:
Oh how I would love my very own custom rank and title! Sure bearing the FAS insignia is nice but who needs it when I have CUSTOM RANKS?!

I'm really pumped for this. How many event challenges are there going to be, how long will they go for and do you just have to win a single event to get a custom rank and title? Excited...!

1. It depends on what people come up with.
2. These events happen periodically, and will hopefully last as long as people remain interested in them.
3.Yes, you have to "win" but it's one prize per event.

ide
PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 5:58 am 
F.A.S. Member Male
F.A.S. Member

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Okey dokey!

I'll be ready for this...