It is currently December 7th, 2019, 7:17 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: March 20th, 2010, 2:52 am 
This space for rent Male
This space for rent

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Taylor wrote:
I'm sure this was mentioned before, but what font is used in these? Wasn't it a Pokemon game font rip? I've tried the ones I have but they don't match is or Ds.

There needs to be a psd.

Font used is Terminus though for some reason, the windows ttf I've found doesn't render like it does in linux. (Which is also the reason why you don't see a psd file.)

ide
PostPosted: March 20th, 2010, 3:04 am 
bum roll Female
bum roll

i'll put up a .psd when i get on the big fat desktop, but like disk said, the font will be a bit different.

ide
PostPosted: March 20th, 2010, 9:16 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
@Disk: http://www.is-vn.bg/hamster/ Try the Windows installer at the top of the page, don't install any variants, and delete any current versions you have. I think I came across the problem you are talking of, with the font only displaying at 14 px - and being UGLY. This version displays correctly at 12px.

As can be seen.

ide
PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 7:50 pm 
This space for rent Male
This space for rent

Tornado group added. Finally. All old ability groups are due for a image update.

ide
PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 12:58 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH Male
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Hey, could somebody make a rank using this icon?

ide
PostPosted: July 18th, 2010, 10:20 pm 
Dark King Male
Dark King

Added.

ide
PostPosted: July 18th, 2010, 10:23 pm 
Christmas Present #5 Male
Christmas Present #5

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
This is awesome.

ide
PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 5:43 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH Male
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Oh Cool, thanks!

ide
PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 5:03 pm 
This space for rent Male
This space for rent

Did another pass, changes:
- Redid ability and helper ranks assigned to a usergroup to match up with the current rank image format (for the most part, implemented a small adjustment shortly after I finished, and they look fine without it.)
- Mix, Tornado, and Waddle Duu's colorbar was adjusted to match the others.
- All existing custom rank conversions (those that haven't been converted over to the new style) are next up the pipe. I may or may not make colorbar adjustments as I see them. I've decided to temporarily set converted rank images to the color set in the blue example for consistency. Once I'm done with conversions, if they need changed to something else, I can do that.
- Some existing staff ranks need updated to style v6 (Extended staff/rank bar/description).
Edit:
- The color block on the side of the ranks are going away, thanks to Joshi pointing something glaringly obvious to me. :shock:

ide
PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 8:12 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Disk wrote:
- The color block on the side of the ranks are going away, thanks to Joshi pointing something glaringly obvious to me. :shock:

I don't see that they have to go away? I think it looks better than the second line of text, if nothing else, although that's just me. Just stick the text within that box?

Edit: Actually mocking this up and I guess you'd need more vertical space, wouldn't you? Hrnn.

ide
PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 12:14 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Joshi's new rank is hideous and redundant.

ide
PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 12:16 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Paper Joshi wrote:
Edit: Actually mocking this up and I guess you'd need more vertical space, wouldn't you? Hrnn.

Or you could abbreviate and use "Mod", "G.Mod", "Admin", "⑨", etc.

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2010, 12:21 pm 
Hypotenuse Man strikes an incomprehensible pose! Female
Hypotenuse Man strikes an incomprehensible pose!

Chooch wrote:
Joshi's new rank is hideous and redundant.

How is it redundant?

Keeping in mind that user titles can be changed, and Joshi is one of the few staff members whose user title reflects that he is actually staff.

ide
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 5:25 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

It's redundant because his user rank already made it blatantly obvious that he was staff. And so did his username color back when they were exclusive to staff for that matter. Derp.

I know user titles can be changed. I'm not stupid. Right now they're being changed unnecessarily because of the points I brought up in the original username colors thread before Amika decided to lock it for whatever reason in order to make another.

It's kind of irritating that all this unnecessary effort is being put into replacing rank images, making announcements and pitching ideas like forcing forum staff to have brackets or symbols in their usernames to differentiate them from regular members when the easiest and best solution is to remove username colors from regular members. The giant team listing link at the top of the page is a better and easier problem solver than extra big and ugly rank images. My goodness.

Unnecessary, unnecessary, unnecessary. I can not stress this enough.

ide
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 7:18 pm 

Personally, I like the rank images better than username color for distinguishing between staff and non-staff (and I'm not just saying that because I have a colored username). The images tell you what part of staff they are straight up, while a color doesn't necessarily do that - and if it does, you still have to go look up the key. I mean, I thought you were staff for the longest time because your username was yellow, and I guess you're not? *shrug*

And my point about the custom titles was that, as soon as Joshi changes his, his image is no longer redundant. And, if they make the images uniform among staff, it won't be redundant for the more than half of staff whose titles don't reflect their position.

To be quite honest, I don't see why you care so much...? I say this not to be insulting or whatever, but you're not staff, right? So whatever they're doing to differentiate staff doesn't really affect you aside from not letting you identify staff by color any more, and you've been here long enough that you can probably tell who is staff by name.

ide
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 11:02 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Hypotenuse Man wrote:
Personally, I like the rank images better than username color for distinguishing between staff and non-staff (and I'm not just saying that because I have a colored username). The images tell you what part of staff they are straight up, while a color doesn't necessarily do that - and if it does, you still have to go look up the key.

Ugh. You know, I have already gone through this in the previous username color topic, so I'm just going to quote myself, okay? Okay:

Chooch wrote:
What is the real reason why a bunch of members who aren't staff suddenly have colored usernames? A specific game? Well, not getting a colored username didn't stop people from playing games before. The entire thing just seems unnecessary. Handing out little rewards for doing whatever arbitrary action is fine and dandy, but I don't think something that could easily confuse people (whether a small or big amount) is really the way to go with it.

Since I first started going to message boards I've immediately associated colored usernames with forum or site staff. Why? Well because that was always the case. It's the standard way to make staff easily identifiable on every message board around these days. Making staff easily identifiable. That's what username colors are usually for. Sure, you can make the point that staff is still easily identifiable if you simply go to the forum staff list, but before all these colored names cropped up everywhere you didn't even have to do that at all. Now for my more personal feelings on the matter.

I've always looked at being forum staff (and subsequently getting a username color) as sort of a privilege. You know, a sign that you actually contributed something of worth and are recognized as someone who is both knowledgeable and helpful to new members. Now I know a perfectly normal member can be both of these things too, but not every normal member needs to be staff, right? I think that's at least one thing everyone can agree with me about.

Custom ranks and titles? Stuff like that is completely alright with me for an ordinary member to have. Colored usernames? That just seems to be a bit too much. I'll make the point again that realistically speaking, most kids who join the forum aren't going to look at the rules, the announcements, or the team listing. If they're actually arsed to use the Personal Message feature to ask for help from someone who they think they could get assistance from, who do you think they might go to? If they've been on a message board before, they'll likely assume someone with a colored username would be the best choice. I know I would.

Hypotenuse Man wrote:
I thought you were staff for the longest time because your username was yellow, and I guess you're not? *shrug*

I was staff. Then I was fired. I was given a username color because I was staff unlike a lot of the other people floating around these days. There you go.

Hypotenuse Man wrote:
To be quite honest, I don't see why you care so much...? I say this not to be insulting or whatever, but you're not staff, right? So whatever they're doing to differentiate staff doesn't really affect you aside from not letting you identify staff by color any more, and you've been here long enough that you can probably tell who is staff by name.

Just because I'm not staff doesn't mean I don't care about the decisions that get made, Hypotenuse Man. This isn't about me and I honestly thought it'd be pretty damn obvious it wasn't. :\

It's about newer members possibly being confused when several other message boards have forum staff indicated by username colors. It's really not that big of a deal (I have said this many times), but if I don't agree with something I'm normally not the type to just sit there, say nothing, and just deal with it. You're going to know I don't agree with it and you're going to know why I don't. Simple as that.

At the end of the day the new user rank images get their point across really well, but they wouldn't be needed at all if things had just been reverted back immediately after username colors were given out to regular members through the Bidoof game or if the Bidoof game's reward wasn't username colors in the first place. That's all I'm saying. I'm done arguing this because there's no room to anymore.

ide
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 1:03 am 

That's fair. :o Sorry if it seems I'm trying to get on your nerves or something, 'cause I'm not; I just haven't been following every thread on the topic super-closely.

I see where you're coming from, and to a point, I agree; the way I see it, though, is if colored usernames are going to be given out as prizes, the rank images are a good replacement, and just looking at our forum separate from others, I like them better as an indicator of staff.

ide
PostPosted: September 18th, 2010, 8:04 pm 
bum roll Female
bum roll

for the record, some people get really upset and snarky when staffers bring up removing non-staff colours. this was more to make everyone happy.

ide
PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 4:16 pm 
This space for rent Male
This space for rent

Pass 5 started.
- Updated all standard ranks (except for non-staff custom and abilities) to the final format.
- Joshi's rank needs changed to Staff-Joshi.png

Will hopefully complete the pass tommorrow or the day after.

ide
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2011, 12:26 pm 
Mirror Power! Male
Mirror Power!

can i be mirror kirby?