Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently October 18th, 2021, 11:05 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
ide
 Post subject: Re: HELP ME FIND A MAIN
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 8:41 pm 
Puff in Training
Puff in Training

I don't think there's a single person here who agrees with anything you say, SMK. You might want to try arguing more reasonably if you want people to take you seriously about what is a valid play style. Do you really think anyone is going to 'help you' in your hunt for the ultimate character if you alienate a majority of the board populace in your first post?

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 8:43 pm 
Violent Saviour Male
Violent Saviour

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
You say that, SMK, but as soon as someone touches the ground you do that move continually. I recall that quite clearly. If that's not spamming then I don't know what is.

The part I love is that a while back you made a thread about how you hated "nubs" because they spammed moves. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the irony in this.

<3 Teal Kirby

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 8:47 pm 
BANNED! Male
BANNED!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Quote:
You say that, SMK, but as soon as someone touches the ground you do that move continually. I recall that quite clearly. If that's not spamming then I don't know what is.

The part I love is that a while back you made a thread about how you hated "nubs" because they spammed moves. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the irony in this.
Alright, first off, I don't spam moves. I use them, but I don't spam them. So, you're telling me, "Oh my God, there's an opportunity to kill someone, lets be a retard and not take it." Yeaah...not happening, I don't sit in the back of the stage spamming a move. If you've noticed, the moves I use often are knock back moves.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 8:52 pm 
o Ao b Male
o Ao b

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Quote:
you guys are telling me to practice as you think it will make me become better...well...everyone's battle style has its limits
Quote:
my only ground move is side smash
Quote:
I'm pretty sure mine has reached it's, so no, there's no such thing as practice makes you better...not in my situation anyway.
You're basically saying here that you're physically unable to mix up the moves that you use. Which is impossible.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 8:59 pm 
Violent Saviour Male
Violent Saviour

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Quote:
Alright, first off, I don't spam moves. I use them, but I don't spam them. So, you're telling me, "Oh my God, there's an opportunity to kill someone, lets be a retard and not take it." Yeaah...not happening, I don't sit in the back of the stage spamming a move. If you've noticed, the moves I use often are knock back moves.
No, I'm saying when you use Kirby's forward smash as your primary mode of ground transportation then there's something wrong.

<3 Teal Kirby

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:02 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Quote:
Well I did fight him again, Kirby vs Kirby and I MASSACRED him.
Of course you did. But there just happens to be no video, right?
Quote:
And be honest, I don't use side smash enough for it to be considered "spamming"
You really do.
Quote:
Also you guys are telling me to practice as you think it will make me become better...well...everyone's battle style has its limits and I'm pretty sure mine has reached it's, so no, there's no such thing as practice makes you better...not in my situation anyway.
Well see the thing here is your "style" is the just spam like 4 moves over and over. If you diversify and use more moves you will suddenly find that the limit is much higher and that you can do much better!
Quote:
So, you're telling me, "Oh my God, there's an opportunity to kill someone, lets be a retard and not take it." Yeaah...not happening, I don't sit in the back of the stage spamming a move. If you've noticed, the moves I use often are knock back moves.
See here is the thing right here is the thing: If you use the faster, weaker moves you can build up damage faster. After using some of these, you can use a smash to knock them away and assure a kill. This works much better than "HEY AN OPENING MAYBE I CAN KILL THEM AT 10%"

This is what we call "strategy" and it works very well.

Also, re: sitting in the middle spamming moves:
Of course not. You follow them around and spam moves.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:03 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH Male
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Quote:
Also don't give me any crap like "Smash is for fun." no its not, its to prove your better then who you're fighting, its all just to prove your better.
are you nine? ask anyone here i have battled and they will tell you that I have lost more times than won, but that doesn't make the game not fun. keep your immature opinions to yourself. If there was EVER a quote from this forum that pissed me off the most, it would be yours. just because your brother can beat you doesn't mean it's time to find a new main.
GOD

MK should have had a landmaster in the form of Heavy Lobster.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:12 pm 
Teal Kirby Female
Teal Kirby

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Quote:
Also don't give me any crap like "Smash is for fun." no its not, its to prove your better then who you're fighting, its all just to prove your better.
SMASH BROS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

Hey guys I need help with finding a new man plox.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:17 pm 
BANNED! Male
BANNED!

Joshi there are so many things wrong with you're post. I don't record every match I have and the matches I do record rarely ever even get on YT cause its on my dad's camera meaning he has to put the vids on a disc. Also, it is possible to kill at 10%, knock em off the edge then spike...easier said than done though, well maybe not 10% because Kirby has to spike a few times to kill. But yeah, get em off the edge then spike. I sometimes don't spike and just try to keep their recovery distant too far away from the stage, with my back air, but its hard to do on a freakin Pit. Also, they can attack me when I try to edge guard so naturally its not like I can do that every time. I use more than 4 moves, lets see. Hammer, all smashes (oh thats 4 right there), all airs (rarely neutral air though) Stone and Final Cutter. Yeah thats definately more than 4 moves, but I use back and foward airs, side and up smashes and hammer regularly though. Oh, lets see, how many moves is that? 5. MORE THAN 4. But those are just my regular moves, not only moves.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:23 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

...reading all this idiocy is starting to drive me insane...

Star Master Kirby, think outside the box! You're only supposed to use your kill moves when you're able to kill! There's other moves for using that work for damage on the ground, so why not use them?

Originally, I'd say nothing. However, I think I slipped into insanity back there. Use more than 10 moves regularly, then we can be getting somewhere.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:24 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Quote:
You should just save yourself the trouble and stop posting all these transparent excuses.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:24 pm 
Cutter Power! Male
Cutter Power!

Quote:
Joshi there are so many things wrong with you're post.
You say this as if everything you post isn't a contradiction.

5 moves when every character has probably over 20 moves is sad, you will get predictable.

I'm pretty sure we all know that someone can kill at low percentages. But isn't it easier to rack up damage and get an almost guaranteed kill as opposed to try and act like you can kill by barely attacking, when that almost never happens.

Also, you said Smash is meant to be about proving who's best? So where's the leaderboards on Wifi? And why did the director say himself that he views Smash as a damn party game?

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:32 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Quote:
He's just making up excuses as to why he gets his ass handed to him by his brother all the time.
Quote:
He's just making up excuses as to why he gets his ass handed to him
Quote:
He's just making up excuses
Really. Arguing with him is pointless. It will never go through his thick skull.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:34 pm 
Teal Kirby Female
Teal Kirby

So this topic is going to be moved to Curio's Museum when it's done :D;

hehehe.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:38 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Quote:
... If I had any respect for you, it went down the drain and into a blender, then crushed by a steamroller; rinse and repeat. See, this is the part where, if I didn't have any self control, I'd explode with rage 'cause of that.

Get out of the Smash world, you're not welcome and neither is anyone else who has a mind set like this.

All games are for fun. Why'd you think they even made games in the first place?

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:44 pm 
o Ao b Male
o Ao b

Quote:
I use more than 4 moves, lets see. Hammer, all smashes (oh thats 4 right there), all airs (rarely neutral air though) Stone and Final Cutter. Yeah thats definately more than 4 moves, but I use back and foward airs, side and up smashes and hammer regularly though. Oh, lets see, how many moves is that? 5. MORE THAN 4. But those are just my regular moves, not only moves.
Three smashes, but
Quote:
my only ground move is side smash
and you Hammer out of Stone around 99% of the time. Way too predictable. Final Cutter is easily shielded/sidestepped/jumped over/airdodged if you can see it coming. I don't think I've ever seen you use down aerial as a regular attack (it's good for more than spiking, you know!), but I can't testify to the spamming of the back aerial. Definitely seen a whole lot of forward aerial, though.

And I apparently missed this before:
Quote:

ide
 Post subject: Re: HELP ME FIND A BRAIN
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 9:47 pm 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Quote:
I'm genuinely curious, are you legitimately serious or just trying to be annoying?

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 10:14 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Quote:
Also, there's no such thing as "getting better". Everyone has their own battle style and each battle style has its limits. Mine has reached its limits.
Oh-Ho? Is this the case my friend?
Well then, I guess tha-
[img=http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8213/1111lolqh1.th.png]*Warning! Language*

No such thing as getting better... You just suck. I can't believe some of the crap I'm hearing here...
"*boo-hoo* I'm such a pro, but I can't beat anyone!*boo-hoo-hoo* I try to spam, but my FLAWLESS plan is overturned somehow! *boo-hoo* And now I think changing my main will help me win more! *BOO-HOO-HOO!*"

Jesus... Look, It's not bad to change your main, It just happens overtime! But asking people who your new main is going to be won't really help you... What do we know about your style? (other that that video.) You just need to keep on playing the game more! If you weren't such a sore loser, this whole argument between you and everyone else might not have happened!
So play the game, get better, and go beond your limit!

Ps: Super sniper... Your friend sounds like a hoot Bazzoka.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 10:30 pm 
BANNED! Male
BANNED!

Well the reason I play smash in the first place is because, IT IS FUN. And the fights are fun, but I focus completely on winning. I do enjoy having fun, but often, I do play just to win. But yes, even when I'm not playing to have fun, I am having fun, but its not the reason I'm playing. I just love proving I'm better than my opponent.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 10:36 pm 
o Ao b Male
o Ao b

Dude, just...

Just get out.

Go to SmashBoards or GameFAQs so you can commune with your own species or whatever, just... quit bringing this crap here.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next