Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently March 6th, 2021, 4:38 am

All times are UTC-04:00




Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
ide
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 17th, 2008, 11:30 pm 
Offline
Star Herald Male
Star Herald

Joined: October 8th, 2003, 6:04 pm
Posts: 352
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: Snuggled between *Censor*
Well I know each match I'm playing I'm always going to have the smash ball on at least. You can play without items that's fine, I prefer it too TBH, but I'm not getting rid of smash balls :[. Final smashes are like a new addition to a character's moveset, the people who play with the smash balls off I think are ridiculous.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 12:40 am 
Offline
BANNED! Male
BANNED!

Joined: December 6th, 2007, 2:09 am
Posts: 85
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Quote:
You aren't one of those tourney tards right?????
Seeing as how I don't limit myself to Fox, Shiek (which I do use) and Marth I wouldn't say I am. Although any other stage then Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Dream Land 64 and Pokemon Stadium. I do NOT fight in. I NEVER use items. In fact, I've only been in one tourney (which I made finals of my age group/semi-finals overall). But I do like to fight using tourney rules. You can't call me a tourney tard cause I don't wavedash, l-cancel, etc. The only advanced technique I use is spiking (I chain grab sometime with Kirby and Shiek). I sometimes fight in Hyrule Temple because my brother just loves that stage, but its banned in tourneys, meaning it doesn't even deserve to be in the game. They returned Green Greens to Brawl but not Fountain that pisses me off, return a tourney banned stage but not a tourney legal stages?! Major wtf. I fight using tourney rules, but no I wouldn't consider myself a tourney tard. Btw, I have seen the Final Destination vid in case your wondering and I found it somewhat funny which also means I'm less of a tourney tard than you think.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 12:54 am 
Offline
o Ao b Male
o Ao b
User avatar

Joined: July 1st, 2005, 11:21 am
Posts: 1861
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Quote:
Although any other stage then Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Dream Land 64 and Pokemon Stadium. I do NOT fight in.
...
Quote:
I NEVER use items.
...
Quote:
I sometimes fight in Hyrule Temple because my brother just loves that stage, but its banned in tourneys, meaning it doesn't even deserve to be in the game.
...

Quote:
I fight using tourney rules, but no I wouldn't consider myself a tourney tard.
Uh... huh.
Perhaps you should rethink... some things.

Playing as "high tier" characters isn't the only thing that can make someone a "tourney tard".


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 1:41 am 
Offline
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 5:27 pm
Posts: 2926
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Quote:
You can't call me a tourney tard cause I don't wavedash, l-cancel, etc.
Yes I can. Tourney 'tard.
Quote:
I have seen the Final Destination vid in case your wondering and I found it somewhat funny which also means I'm less of a tourney tard than you think.
I love this sentence because it doesn't make sense.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 1:54 am 
Offline
o Ao b Male
o Ao b
User avatar

Joined: July 1st, 2005, 11:21 am
Posts: 1861
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Quote:
Quote:
I have seen the Final Destination vid in case your wondering and I found it somewhat funny which also means I'm less of a tourney tard than you think.
I love this sentence because it doesn't make sense.
This thread may help your understanding a little bit.

But only a little.


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 1:59 am 
Offline
Super Star Male
Super Star
User avatar

Joined: October 11th, 2005, 7:56 pm
Posts: 834
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Location: Places
Quote:
You can't call me a tourney tard cause I don't wavedash, l-cancel, etc.
So being able wavedash, L-cancel, etc. automatically make a person a tourney tard now? Me and my friends can wavedash, blah blah, blah but we could care less what stage we play on, or if items were on. It's for fun and they add challenge. A little variety doesn't you know.
Quote:
They returned Green Greens to Brawl but not Fountain that pisses me off, return a tourney banned stage but not a tourney legal stages?! Major wtf.
So, that just proves your a tourney tard, my friend. If you care so much about tourney rules and play every game, bar a few, with those rules set, you are, indeed, a tourney tard. If not, very close to one.

I could go on and on with all this crap about what you said, but I'm not going to.

_________________
Image Thanks to Caat. 'Tis very awesome.
Sord, Jyro, Skit, Drip, Shot-a, Marckus and Joe's Profiles


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 2:18 am 
Offline
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 5:27 pm
Posts: 2926
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Okay, it makes sense, then

It's just wrong. :> (Like the rest of his claims!)

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 2:29 am 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Joined: September 16th, 2007, 1:49 am
Posts: 236
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Seeing as things seem to be going off track, let's try re-railing ourselves here.
Quote:
ALSO AN ACTUAL QUESTION: Is the parasol item still in? In fact mentioning any missing items would be appreciated.
Here's a list of what's in the game, by picture. I haven't heard anything about unlockable items, and the parasol's not in there, so I'm assuming it isn't in the game, given the evidence. I forget some of the melee items, so feel free to figure that out, though the motion sensor bomb has a new look. To the right of the bob-omb.

I'm curious about the item on the right of the smart bomb, though. I can't recall an item like that, but I remember hearing about a deku nut item that stuns an opponent with a flash when hit (if I recall), and that does look a bit like the deku nut. Any chance you can close my doubts on this one?

_________________
Hold that thought, I may put something here.


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 2:44 am 
Offline
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 5:27 pm
Posts: 2926
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Yeah, I've seen that. It's missing a cloaking device, parasol, red shells (Those could be grouped with green shells, which sucks if so), and the flipper (who cares, BUMPER'S BACK) as far as I can tell. I'm rather hoping it's not complete and that there are unlockable items, but I doubt it :< Still, never hurts to hope.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 2:48 am 
Offline
o Ao b Male
o Ao b
User avatar

Joined: July 1st, 2005, 11:21 am
Posts: 1861
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Well, that is a rather conspicuous empty spot on the item switch screen...

Who's to say there aren't five secret items?


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 3:03 am 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Joined: September 16th, 2007, 1:49 am
Posts: 236
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Perhaps. But we haven't really heard anything on that front yet.

_________________
Hold that thought, I may put something here.


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 5:44 am 
Offline
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό
User avatar

Joined: July 9th, 2005, 2:06 am
Posts: 2434
Location: http://twitter.com/doctornk
Quote:
Okay, now for the next question.

What makes Pit so digustingly awesome?
His godly recovery, his 4 jumps, his right smash, his back air, his down air, his UP AIR HOLY @$#^, his side b his right b his down b his uigvjfyuvjfva AND EVERYTHING ELSE HOLY DICK HE IS JUST !@#$% AWESOME DO YOU SEE THOSE WINGS AND THAT BOW HOLY CHRIST HE'S A !@#$% ANGEL
Quote:
ALSO AN ACTUAL QUESTION: Is the parasol item still in? In fact mentioning any missing items would be appreciated.
Nope, the parasol isn't in anymore. Neither is the red shell, flipper, or cloaking device.
Quote:
Well I know each match I'm playing I'm always going to have the smash ball on at least. You can play without items that's fine, I prefer it too TBH, but I'm not getting rid of smash balls :[. Final smashes are like a new addition to a character's moveset, the people who play with the smash balls off I think are ridiculous.
You will eventually. They get boring and repetitive after a while.
Quote:
I'm curious about the item on the right of the smart bomb, though. I can't recall an item like that, but I remember hearing about a deku nut item that stuns an opponent with a flash when hit (if I recall), and that does look a bit like the deku nut. Any chance you can close my doubts on this one?
Yes, it's a deku nut. It stuns the enemy when thrown.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 4:36 pm 
Offline
The most effectual Male
The most effectual
User avatar

Joined: February 9th, 2007, 10:39 pm
Posts: 2695
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Location: Wherever
Am I a beast with Sonic or what?

_________________
Image
--------- 「CAPRICE」| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | Last.fm | Backloggery |


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 4:41 pm 
Offline
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό
User avatar

Joined: July 9th, 2005, 2:06 am
Posts: 2434
Location: http://twitter.com/doctornk
Quote:
Am I a beast with Sonic or what?
you're pretty good

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 5:08 pm 
Offline
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 5:27 pm
Posts: 2926
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
I can understand why the flipper is out; it's kinda not needed with the bumper back in. And no one seemed to like the cloaking device (Even if it was useful and stopped you from taking damage).

But why take out the parasol and red shells? :<

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 5:15 pm 
Offline
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό
User avatar

Joined: July 9th, 2005, 2:06 am
Posts: 2434
Location: http://twitter.com/doctornk
Red shells were kind of annoying, but I don't know why they took out the parasol, I liked it. Maybe because they wanted Peach to be unique? idk!

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 5:16 pm 
Offline
The most effectual Male
The most effectual
User avatar

Joined: February 9th, 2007, 10:39 pm
Posts: 2695
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Location: Wherever
Quote:
Quote:
Am I a beast with Sonic or what?
you're pretty good
That isn't the answer I wanted, but okay.

:<

_________________
Image
--------- 「CAPRICE」| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | Last.fm | Backloggery |


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 5:59 pm 
Offline
Taking off to the Halberd! Male
Taking off to the Halberd!

Joined: February 17th, 2008, 11:48 pm
Posts: 252
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I know that this is an almost dead point, but this reminds me of Halo fans who play the game for the multiplayer. HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT TOURNAMENT MODE IS SO LITTLE TO MOST PEOPLE?! Those who do stuff like this SUCK at other stages. You practice on other stages and get better. I could beat you on Onett because you play only on TOURNAMENT STAGES. LET GO OF THE TOURNAMENT!!! IT IS NOT THE PURPOSE OF THE GAME!!! THE GAME IS FOR FUN!!! NO ONE CARES IF THE FLAT STAGES AREN'T THERE!!! GET THE GAME FOR A REASON!!! THIS IS BRAWL, WE CARE ABOUT THE NEW ITEMS!!! THEY ARE THERE TO BE USED!!! THE NEW NON-FLAT STAGES ARE THERE TO BE PLAYED ON!!! IF YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT THE TOURNAMENTS, AND NOT THE MANY BEAUTIFUL UPGRADES, THEN STICK WITH MELEE!!! Brawl isn't worth your time.

_________________
Machine Shop rockin' when we step inside and we got everybody so petrified.


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 6:04 pm 
Offline
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό
User avatar

Joined: July 9th, 2005, 2:06 am
Posts: 2434
Location: http://twitter.com/doctornk
Quote:
I know that this is an almost dead point, but this reminds me of Halo fans who play the game for the multiplayer. HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT TOURNAMENT MODE IS SO LITTLE TO MOST PEOPLE?! Those who do stuff like this SUCK at other stages. You practice on other stages and get better. I could beat you on Onett because you play only on TOURNAMENT STAGES. LET GO OF THE TOURNAMENT!!! IT IS NOT THE PURPOSE OF THE GAME!!! THE GAME IS FOR FUN!!! NO ONE CARES IF THE FLAT STAGES AREN'T THERE!!! GET THE GAME FOR A REASON!!! THIS IS BRAWL, WE CARE ABOUT THE NEW ITEMS!!! THEY ARE THERE TO BE USED!!! THE NEW NON-FLAT STAGES ARE THERE TO BE PLAYED ON!!! IF YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT THE TOURNAMENTS, AND NOT THE MANY BEAUTIFUL UPGRADES, THEN STICK WITH MELEE!!! Brawl isn't worth your time.
0/10

troll harder

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 6:06 pm 
Offline
The most effectual Male
The most effectual
User avatar

Joined: February 9th, 2007, 10:39 pm
Posts: 2695
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Location: Wherever
It may surprise you Super Star Kirby, but stages are banned in tournaments for a reason. And that reason isn't because they "suck at other stages." How do I know this? Because it's obvious they don't suck at the game in the first place. Stages are banned in tournaments because they give unfair advantages.

And in regards to your point saying items are there to be used I'll say this. Item Select is there, isn't that to be used also?

_________________
Image
--------- 「CAPRICE」| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | Last.fm | Backloggery |


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off | Load: 3.3 ]