Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently March 6th, 2021, 3:27 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
ide
 Post subject: Re: Ask NK!
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 8:35 am 
a friendly ghost A_mystery
a friendly ghost

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Quote:
Nair
The less you wear, the more you need Nair!

I hate these abbreviations, because a couple of them turn into real words (Nair [I guess that's more of a brand name, but] and Fair). I read something like, "His Fair is wonderful" and I'm just thinking like "What fair? :("

I dunno how these abbreviations became popular (Probably Smashboards or something) but does it really take that long to type out "forward air" or "neutral air"? Sorry for being nitpicky it just bugs me :|

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 8:57 am 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
People use those abbreviations because after a while you just don't feel like typing the full thing out. No one wants to say Short Hop Fast Fall L-Cancel every time when they can just say SHFFL and most people will know what they're talking about.

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 8:58 am 
ROYAL RAINBOW Female
ROYAL RAINBOW

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
I had no idea what Bazzoka was talking about until you pointed out that it was an abbrev of neutral+air and down+air.

Of course I'm not a member of the Smash Bros. community and I've pointed out multiple times that I don't care about advanced strategics and just really play the game for the enjoyment of it.

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 9:32 am 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Quote:
People use those abbreviations because after a while you just don't feel like typing the full thing out. No one wants to say Short Hop Fast Fall L-Cancel every time when they can just say SHFFL and most people will know what they're talking about.
This. Though, I guess I should type it out, since it'll leave some people confused. Sorry about that guys.

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 3:14 pm 
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό

Quote:
I said it's not the purpose of the game. Tourney mode is the tournaments. And OK, I get it, forgive me for going off topic. This is a topic to ask NK. I apologize to those who I have....offended. BUT those who do nothing but the tourneys should try the rest of the awesome games.

How many times can Meta-Knight jump? Dedede? Is Kirby's jump still the best of all characters? Triple jump included.
Meta Knight has 5, Dedede has 4, and Kirby has 5. Dedede has the best recovery out of the three, but that's debatable.
Quote:
Here's something. Pit's Up+B allows him to fly, correct? Is there an attack to this as well, or is it just limited flight capabilities?

...And what does "Angel Ring" do?
No, it's just flight. Angel Ring is the technique that reflects certain projectiles(depending on when it's used, mirror shield works much better for reflecting), and hits multiple times. You can have it out as long as you repeatedly tab B.
Quote:
Also, here's another question for NK (sorry I don't ask them all at once)

1. What Tier do you think Sonic would be in?
2. Has Falcon been boosted or nerfed?
3. I know Pit's recovery is god-like, but with charged (not fully, maybe half way) up smashes from characters such as Ganondorf, would it be possible to take him out under 100%? And how hard is it to spike Pit and can he recover from spikes?
4. Which characters do you think would be top tiers?
5. Whats the difference between Squirtle's Water Gun and Mario's FLUDD and which would you say is better?
1. Possibly high.
2. Nerfed, by a small amount. It's much harder to land his knee.
3. From Ganondorf, it's possible. It depends on the stage. And it's somewhat hard for him to recover from spikes.
4. That's a delicate question at the moment. I'm not too sure.
5. Squirtles. Definitely. Mario's takes longer to charge, and it's not too helpful.
Quote:
Question tiem!

If you've played as Mr. Game & Watch, how different is he compared to his Melee counterpart? Aside his Nair and up B... and Dair, since I've seen the changes in those attacks.
Only played as him twice. He's better, I can tell you that. Also, his parachute has been changed to an actual parachute that auto activates after he falls from his up B.
Quote:
Wait this is Ask NK not Vik...
It's not ask Chooch either! Hear that, Chooch? I hope you did!
Quote:
I HAS A KWESTSHUN!!!!11

How different is Toon Link from normal Link? For that matter, how different is he from Melee's Young Link? Exactly the same, or tweaked enough to make most players modify their strategies?
He's not too different from Melee's Young Link, aside from his up smash being a single swipe, and same with his back air. Other than that, he's quicker and more agile than normal Link.

I may have missed some things, as I answered them all at once, and if I did just bring it to my attention.

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 9:09 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
There's a picture on today's Brawl update that caught my attention today, and while I'm pretty sure I was mistaken...

Is Falco able to fly? I doubt it, but that'd definitely be cool.

DUN DUN DAAAAH

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 9:26 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Quote:
Quote:
It's not ask Chooch either! Hear that, Chooch? I hope you did!.
Hahaha. Well, unless you're here to answer questions (which you aren't at the moment), then I'm still going to. And this is exactly why I'm going to answer mamthew42's question now:

I don't think so, mamthew. All the times I fought NK as Falco he never flew. That picture might be him after his Falco Phantasm or after his forward aerial.

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 9:36 pm 
ROYAL RAINBOW Female
ROYAL RAINBOW

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Two Olimar questions: When plucked, are the Pikmin randomly given a leaf, bud, or flower? Or do they automatically become buds and then flowers if they are left alive long enough?

Also, are certain Pikmin more likely to appear on a certain stage (i.e. red on Norfair, blue on The Summit, etc.) or are they just random?

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 10:22 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Hello DrNK! I was wondering how every secret character in Brawl worked for you. Just basically
say what you thought about each one while playing as them.

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 11:58 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Quote:
Two Olimar questions: When plucked, are the Pikmin randomly given a leaf, bud, or flower? Or do they automatically become buds and then flowers if they are left alive long enough?

Also, are certain Pikmin more likely to appear on a certain stage (i.e. red on Norfair, blue on The Summit, etc.) or are they just random?
Ah, here's something I can answer. From what I've seen on videos, all pikmin are plucked with leaves. After thirty seconds, they become buds. Another thirty seconds, flowers. Heck, there's an event based in keeping them alive for that to happen.

As for the second part, the Dojo says some places can have a higher chance of certain pikmin. I remember Corneria having a bunch of... it was either purple or white pulled out at once. Could have been coincidence, but maybe not...

I know it's "Ask NK", but hey, if anyone can get the answer out, why not?

ide
PostPosted: February 21st, 2008, 4:11 pm 
Simirror Female
Simirror

Hey, NK; as of so far which stages have you unlocked? Cuz I'm curious about which stages have made it into Brawl and which haven't. Flatzone2, Green Hill Zone, Spear Pillar, Great Sea, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Electroplankton, and a few Melee stages are all of the hidden stages I know of so far. There any more, or is that it?

Quote:
Also the STDs are over Wi-Fi, not in person.
OH GOD I CAN GET STDS THROUGH WIFI NOW?!

ide
PostPosted: February 21st, 2008, 7:00 pm 
o Ao b Male
o Ao b

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
I don't even have the game yet and I can already say that your list is missing 75m (the classic Donkey Kong stage) for starters.

ide
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2008, 9:14 pm 
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό

Quote:
Is Falco able to fly? I doubt it, but that'd definitely be cool.
No, he cannot. It's simply an awesome image.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's not ask Chooch either! Hear that, Chooch? I hope you did!.
Hahaha. Well, unless you're here to answer questions (which you aren't at the moment), then I'm still going to.
You are banned from my topic.

haha! just kidding
Quote:

Start with a leaf, the longer you play as him the further it develops, as it does in the game. And I haven't tried the different stage theory. I'll do that today.
Quote:
Hello DrNK! I was wondering how every secret character in Brawl worked for you. Just basically
say what you thought about each one while playing as them.
You'll have to give me some time for that one. Simply because my computer is being uncooperative right now, and the internet is not working. I'm on a different one now, one I shouldn't even be on, and have to get off of very soon.
Quote:
I know it's "Ask NK", but hey, if anyone can get the answer out, why not?
You can answer, but chances are, the people who haven't played the game will not know the questions for sure. Chooch is an exception, as he's played the game. With me no less! But as I said, you can answer. But if you aren't sure of the question, then let someone who is sure answer it. IE, someone who has the game, or has at least played it.
Quote:
Hey, NK; as of so far which stages have you unlocked? Cuz I'm curious about which stages have made it into Brawl and which haven't. Flatzone2, Green Hill Zone, Spear Pillar, Great Sea, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Electroplankton, and a few Melee stages are all of the hidden stages I know of so far. There any more, or is that it?
Like Disaster said, 75m is one that you're missing. But that's the only one. If you have the game right now, don't hesitate to share your friend code!

ide
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 12:01 am 
Simirror Female
Simirror

I had it a weekend or so ago, we borrowed it from one of my brother's friends, so I have a bit of experience with Brawl. Not anymore, sadly.
Quote:
I don't even have the game yet and I can already say that your list is missing 75m (the classic Donkey Kong stage) for starters.
Wait, uh, classic DK stage? Does that mean that it's the DK stage from SSB, or the one from Melee (I didn't really bother with that one when I had the game, since I assumed it was a Melee stage).

Quote:
Also the STDs are over Wi-Fi, not in person.
OH GOD I CAN GET STDS THROUGH WIFI NOW?!

ide
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 12:07 am 
Bidoof Wrangler Male
Bidoof Wrangler

By classic DK stage he means the one from the very first Donkey Kong arcade game.

ide
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 12:08 am 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Neither. It's 75m from the original Donkey Kong game. Back when Mario was Jumpman.

Damn it, ZURA.

JAPAN.

*slams door*

ide
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 12:14 am 
o Ao b Male
o Ao b

As ZURA and Chooch stated, 75m is the third stage of the arcade version of the original Donkey Kong game.

The stage is an exact replica, I believe, so it most definitely looks exactly like this:

It's a pretty big stage.

ide
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 12:19 am 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Just reinforcing the exact replica statement.

ide
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 8:27 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Quote:
You can answer, but chances are, the people who haven't played the game will not know the questions for sure. Chooch is an exception, as he's played the game. With me no less! But as I said, you can answer. But if you aren't sure of the question, then let someone who is sure answer it. IE, someone who has the game, or has at least played it.
Of course. That's why I've pretty much answered questions that only need existing videos to have answered.

I'm running low on questions, actually... Ah, here's one. You know how 75m mimics "High Score". Is the "High Score" actually recorded? Sure, it doesn't do with anything technical, but it'll be funny if it is actually recorded.

ide
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 11:57 am 
Star Herald A_mystery
Star Herald

Quote:
Quote:
Of course. That's why I've pretty much answered questions that only need existing videos to have answered.

I'm running low on questions, actually... Ah, here's one. You know how 75m mimics "High Score". Is the "High Score" actually recorded? Sure, it doesn't do with anything technical, but it'll be funny if it is actually recorded.
Um...Actually I said before in the update topic that you can consider me pretty much having the game. I go over my friend's house quite often, and he has a modded wii/dual layer copy of the game. Him and I beat all of SSE, and have played around with everything else. (:\/)

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next